M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nominate Lucky06 as the next group ride planner. We haven't ridden as a group since October or something and Chad wasn't there. If he plans the ride, maybe he will figure how to be there to show us where to go. hehe Miss ya man! Can I get an AMEN?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
As much as I'd love to plan something guys I just can't right now! I haven't been to active on the boards or in the saddle lately due to work, trying to spend more time with the family and unfortunately an issue with the bike that I really didn't want to make any worse by ridding. I guess in some ways it's a pushed me in a direction I wanted to go anyway but I wanted to do it on my own terms and time but the bike obviously decided it wanted to do it on it's terms so I am now trying to come up with the extra spending money and the right time to pull the trigger to fix it and make things better. :D So hopefully here soon I will be pulling the transmission and getting the gears undercut, replacing shift forks and shift rods. I wanted to do all of this anyway but this past September the gears obviously was worn enough to bend a shift fork so I am now limping in second gear. The bike is running and can be ridden but I just don't want to take the chance to make it worse and after talking to R&D Motorsports (Top Notch Company by the way!) they confirmed my thoughts and said do not ride it if at all possible to prevent a third gear failure.

So until I get this resolved I will not be on the bike. So in the meantime it will allow me to do some much needed house keeping on the bike as well but it appears the motor will be coming out once again. But in the long run it will be even better than before! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts