M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a little preview of my latest mods. It is weird how so little, makes such a huge difference.

Sorry for the quality of pics, the humidity in South Louisiana was working against me.

1st- Side Mount License Plate
Shayne does an amazing job with this mounts.

2nd- Rear Turn signals
I was too cheap to purchase the set of under the fender lights from
RAW designs. So I went to Auto Zone and purchased two 12" amber
LED strips ($20) and put them in clear tubing purchased from Lowes ($4). They are very bright and look pretty good.

3rd- GiPro Mounting.
Thanks to Gamewarden for the confidence to do this mod. It is really
simple, but it takes a lot of nerve to cut into the bike. Very happy with
it in the end. Wish I would have snapped a few pics during the
process, but I did not have any help and was ready to get it done.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I love doing afforadable mods

without going after the name brand status, and improvising and ingenuity to create original stuff. Congrats. Looks good!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,948 Posts
Nice mods bro, and the last two are functional and cost effective. I like that. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks great. hope you don't mind if I steal your rear blinker idea. Did you get the clear tube to bend without kinking it? Looks great

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:congrats: on the new mods. i really like the placement of the gipro, gotta love the LTT mod. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Very nice job, how did you attach the leds under the fender? What exactly was the type of clear tubing you used? What department can it be found in?

·
Registered
643 Posts
love the LED's in clear tubing (i'm guessing that is just the multi-use clear flexible hose stuff was 3/8 ID enough or did you go to 1/2 inch?) I had been wanting to run LED strips down the bottom frame rail of my C for some night time visibility to other drivers. the lack of protection in that area for the leds from any road debris that would be swirling around put that on hold...

your solution for containment and protection add that back to the to-do list :a18:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice job, how did you attach the leds under the fender? What exactly was the type of clear tubing you used? What department can it be found in?
I don't remember the size of vinyl tubing that I used. I just brought the LED strip in with me and made sure that it fit snug in the tube. They sell it around the plumbing area. They have large reels of the clear tubing that you can buy per foot or some pre-packaged 3 foot sections.

I put the LEDs in the tube and sealed the ends with clear silicon. It was a little difficult to get into the tube but with a little effort it went in.

I attached it to the inner fender by using tape to hold the light where I wanted it and then put a bead of Loctite Adhesive along the light and the fender, on the inside, out of view.

http://loctiteproducts.com/p/6/31/cntct_usns/overview/Loctite-Stikn-Seal-Extreme-Conditions.htm

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I don't remember the size of vinyl tubing that I used. I just brought the LED strip in with me and made sure that it fit snug in the tube. They sell it around the plumbing area. They have large reels of the clear tubing that you can buy per foot or some pre-packaged 3 foot sections.

I put the LEDs in the tube and sealed the ends with clear silicon. It was a little difficult to get into the tube but with a little effort it went in.

I attached it to the inner fender by using tape to hold the light where I wanted it and then put a bead of Loctite Adhesive along the light and the fender, on the inside, out of view.

http://loctiteproducts.com/p/6/31/cntct_usns/overview/Loctite-Stikn-Seal-Extreme-Conditions.htm
Thanks for the tips!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
205 Posts

Rear Turn signals
I was too cheap to purchase the set of under the fender lights from
RAW designs. So I went to Auto Zone and purchased two 12" amber
LED strips ($20) and put them in clear tubing purchased from Lowes ($4). They are very bright and look pretty good.

Very good idea. I've been looking for something like this to do on my bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts