M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a great new forum ....... glad to have found it. I just put a down payment on a black M109R yesterday and will be picking her up this week. I have ridden bikes for about 30 years starting with dirt bikes and three wheelers (the bad ole days) then on to street bikes . This will be my first cruiser . I have not owned a bike for a couple years now (Cobra Vert and a Corvette to race and play with in that interval). I have in the past few years finally gotten more excited by the new breed of cruisers that actually have some performance (no offense to the ole VMax ,Magnas, and Eliminator riders out there though), starting with Honda's VTX and Yamaha's Warrior as well as the VRod.

The 109 really caught my attention with its clean low and muscular looks and tremendous power, brakes and cornering angles. I cant wait to get my bike and start riding. Hope to see you all on the road some time........ :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Congrats!!! You're going to have a blast :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

This may sound a little familiar.....1972 Corvette Coupe (red), 1967 Corvette Convertable (white with white rag top), 1990 Corvette Coupe (red), 2002 Honda 1800VTX/C and now of course, my current toy, a silver 109 :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
congrats mate...your gonna love this thing and the attention it gets....cant stay off mine.welcome aboard from Australia

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone...... going to pick her up tommorrow or possibly Wed , cant wait! :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Break it in then Ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OOOOOH YEAAAAHH.......first ride today after picking it up (making sure it was NOT overfilled and adjusting the brake pedal to my gunboat size boots ) . Went about 75 miles on nice backroads with 2 whole cars the entire trip .......from Columbus to the west side of Houston. Wow.....

Nice handling power and brakes , great sounding stock exhaust. Comfy compared to the sportbikes I was used to . Looks just awesome ......man , I really love this thing! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts