M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents. I currently am waiting on my black109 to show up at the dealer. I ordered her yesterday, and she will be there on monday or tuesday. She will be together by wednesday, and i will be taking her home that day. I cant wait.
Obviously, i got the fastest... black. I am coming from a sport bike, and a very light nimble one at that. I hope i do ok on the big girl...
Any suggestions ideas throw em my way. i will be doing my own oil changes, etc. Of course, the dealer will do the first 600 mile maintenance for me, but after that, shes all mine. I live in Virginia, Chesterfield to be exact, and im hoping to meet some more peeps around there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Black is fastest.

It won't turn as easy as the rocket you had but you will get used to the weight and that awesome big azz rear tire.

Did I mention Black was fastest? :super:

·
Registered
195 Posts
:welcome:
you will get use to it real soon. the bike dose not show it's weight that much in the turns so it corners very well sometimes too well
just have fun  and ride safe :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
apparently I am one of the few whose oil was right from the get go. i do my own oil changes too and you cannot go wrong if you measure what comes out including draining the filter and put the same back in. So far it has been right at 4 quarts. I only got 3.8 qts out the second time but after doing the recommended 15 minute run and 3 minute off oil check routine it took the other .2 qt. make sure you check the oil with bike upright and dipstick inserted not threaded in. you have to fill the final drive gear oil with the bike upright too so it might help to have an extra body or a jack/stand. the oil filter is a tight sob so either get the suzuki filter wrench or one of those that look like pliers, they seem to work best. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Welcome and the only advice that I have for you is to take it easy for your first few corners. She WILL NOT corner like a sporty...but then again, she corners better than any sportster I've ever seen leaking its way around a curve.... :evil:

I'm rather large, which probably helps, but I've never had a problem throwing her into any corner unless it was about 40 degrees & there was a sheen of frost on the road like tonight...I just slowed it down 10MPH and everything went great... Perhaps 80 around an S curve at 10:30PM on a country road wasn't the best choice...lol...but it WAS fun realizing just how good the girl behaves even when she's sliding out a bit....

·
Registered
71 Posts
:welcome: Your gonna love it. Check the oil, and front tire direction before you ride out. Ride safe. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will double triple check it out before i leave with her. Especially the tire, and the oil. My shop is really anal about setting up bikes. I can say that i havent ever had a problem with my first bike from them. But it never hurts to double check it before i bolt out of there. Everyone makes mistakes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts