M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I hope it is ok, but I dont have a 9.....yet. I have been riding my dads little 250 dirt bike that is used for checking crops for about 12 years now. I was happy if I hit 50 on that old dirt bike, and that was going down hill.....with the wind. Anyways last year I finally had the funds and bought my own 'real' bike. I still had a little bit of the young dumb kid in me and wanted to go fast so I bought a sport bike. A 2005 ZX6r 636. It was great and 2 months later I traded it in for an 08 ZX10. That thing was fast, but....not comfortable at all, at least for a ride longer than an hour. I was riding one day and saw this incredible looking silver bike, it was a 109. I went to the local Suzuki dealer, test drove one and about #$^% my pants. I needed one, speed, power, and comfort! My only problem now is getting rid of my ZX10 so I can finally afford a 109. Sorry for rambling, anyways, my name is Mark and I can't wait to be a 'real member' of this site!

· Registered
10 Posts
:welcome:good luck in finding the best bike on the planet!! when you find one you wont be dissapointed!!

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your search. There is so much info on here that by the time you find a 9 you can have all the knowledge you need to need to make a good decision on price, condition etc....

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Perfect timing to purchase a bike! Dealers are hurting to make make a sale, make sure you do enough research on pricing and accesories as they may even throw in a few things to get you to take one home! You will never regret it! :welcome:

· Registered
35 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:! What part of Minnesota are you from?

· Registered
10 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
:welcome: to the 109 forum. I agree about the sport bikes, man, what a back, neck, wrist, shoulder ache. The 9 won't beat the sport bike for speed or agility, but comes close. Good luck and check here for answers to most of your questions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.