M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going over the many threads on the site regarding saddlebags and searching for alternatives on the net. I don't really care for the strap on look but also don't want to have ugly luggage mounts hanging on either side of my black beauty.

Has anyone ever heard of "Easy Brackets?"Â http://www.easybrackets.com/index.htm You use their mounting kit with your luggage, and it looks pretty slick!

I am waiting for a reply from them to see if they are going to make one of their kits for the M109.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a set of Cortech throw over saddlebags. I believe they may be a couple others that have as well here. Due to limited space on the right side and not wanting supports, I was able to route the throw over straps under the rear seat cowl and use a slightly longer allen head bolt to put the cowl back on. Very clean look and easy to remove. The only down fall to what I did was a slightly larger gap on the back side of the cowl. I didnt want something mounted all the time and only plan on using the set up for long haul trips.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Some of the throw over types look good and are not perm. I like that. BUT I would not use them unless the wife was with me too.
I think a backrest behind the passenger seat (possible a rack) would be better. then I can use some T-bag combo. and some of them are HUGE!

Sledzep

·
Registered
686 Posts
I bought the Easy Brackets for my Suzuki Volusia and love them! However, the bags stick out about 1" further than they would without the brackets. This is to allow space for the locking mechanism. They do make it a lot easier to convert to bags or take them off, and leave very little behind when the bags are off. They also make it nice for washing the bike.

With that said, I really don't think I would buy them for the 109. Suzuki just released some rigid bags for this bike and I think the rigid bags just look ugly on the bike. They already look like they stick out too far, and to add another inch on each side would just make it worse.

There is an earlier post here by Lamonster (I believe) where he has some nice fabric bags that I will probably get. They fit the bike much better, and they have the 3rd bag that sits on top of the seat.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just thought you may want to see the "Sport Bags" at J.C. Whitney...
Never thought much of searching there but while scanning the web for
options I found these. SPORT SADDLEBAG
JC Whitney Price: $79.99 - $109.99 (Great Price :bigthumbsup: )
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...11991/p-2011991/N-111+10211+600014563/c-10111
I like the "LeatherLyke" Contemporary Hard-bags as well but I called and they don't plan to make a model that will fit our M109Rs :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts