M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I went Galfer pads and rotors front and rear. It costed a pretty penny but was so very worth it. It stops so nice and clean, and so very fast!

I like to use some seafoam in there myself, but i also use MMO at different times. Some people have yelled at me for the MMO, but, people also yell at me for the Seafoam! To each their own though right?
I just ordered the pads - thanks :)

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I changed the oil. I had zero problems. She likes the rotella!

Funny thing about the repair manual I downloaded - it made no mention of the year? That's a first! Why?

Do the people in here ever get together like, in person? Wow - I'd really LOVE a chance to meet and talk to folks that ride these. I wasn't able to ride what I had for long, due to pain in my knee. I bought this as a remedy. I think I can ride it literally for days on end - it's that comfortable. I have an air hawk, somewhere. I just have to find it. I think it will cap the set.

I think people that chose these bikes will be intelligent. It seems to be the smart choice. I live in the center of America. I look forward to meeting 'yall!
Can you post the link where you got your manual please.

· Registered
15 Posts
I routinely use Seafoam in it to help clean any carbon. About every other tank I put a good slug in it. And yup I ride in the rain, not on purpose, occasionally. I know the water treatment too, I had an uncle with a 63 Pontiac 421 SD with 3 deuces on it when I was a kid, and he would pour a coke bottle of water through the carbs every once in a while to clean it out. It would sputter and blow carbon everywhere but it was a strong engine. I had an old Chevy Monza with a 350 LT1 in it that ran over 11-1 compression, and I had a vacuum switched water injection system on it to help with detonation.

You'll find that ridden normally, they get between 30 and 35 mpg. Of course you can make it do a lot worse than that without a lot of effort. :)

And what do you mean "used to wrench" on cars? Once a mechanic, always a mechanic. I'm 68 and I still don't trust garages. :)

The dual plugs on this fire at different times, and not always both of them. I don't recall the exact sequence, but at some rpm ranges it fires just one, and at other times it fires one and then the other/ And they do make Iridium plugs for the engine but I don't know about the dual electrode. On the M some folks like them and some don't, I run one heat range colder but not iridium.
Chevron Techron is better, seafoam is only good for washing dishes..........lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts