M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for awhile and figured I might as well join and get some more detailed 411 on these big twins since I plan to purchase 1 within the next 2-3 months. I've been riding bikes since the age of 12 and I'm now in my 40's and so ready to step off the sportbike scene. I just sold my ZX-14R so this will be my 1st V-twin . I'm trying to hold out for the 2011 M-109R's to hit the dealers floor but have seen a few very clean low mileage 06-09's and considering my local dealers have no clue as to how many or when they will be getting the new 2011's might lead me to buy used to stop the money from burning a hole in my pocket. In the meantime I'll be doing my homework on these badd a-- bikes and looking at all the pro's/cons as to buying new or used. Any helpful tips you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated so please send them my way.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Biggest thing with buying used is, get to know the sellor. And learn to know what to look for. Some of these 9's, the folks complaining about this and that going bad. These are very fast, strong cruisers, They are not race bikes. Anything can be abused and broke!!!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:welcome: if you been lurking for a while, then you know there are plenty of tips, howto's, don't do's, and lots of members who know the 9 like the back of their hands. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:welcome: what part of Md.
Check out Romney cycles in West Va. That's where I bought mine. Talk to Brian. Great guy. I got an awesome deal on a new 08 leftover.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Since you are from the Maryland area you shoud go visit L&D Suzuki in Dover Delaware he has left over 9s and last time I was there he had 2 used but you will find his prices are crazy low you will be shopping new not used when you get there Good Luck and welcome. :welcome:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I've been lurking for awhile and figured I might as well join and get some more detailed 411 on these big twins since I plan to purchase 1 within the next 2-3 months. I've been riding bikes since the age of 12 and I'm now in my 40's and so ready to step off the sportbike scene. I just sold my ZX-14R so this will be my 1st V-twin . I'm trying to hold out for the 2011 M-109R's to hit the dealers floor but have seen a few very clean low mileage 06-09's and considering my local dealers have no clue as to how many or when they will be getting the new 2011's might lead me to buy used to stop the money from burning a hole in my pocket. In the meantime I'll be doing my homework on these badd a-- bikes and looking at all the pro's/cons as to buying new or used. Any helpful tips you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated so please send them my way.
Welcome to the forum. Let me know when you are ready and I will call my contact up at Romney Cycles in WV. We got my wife's 9 as well as mine. Best prices around, great dealership, and he will take care of you. Just private message me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
:welcome:and :congrats:. I have learned a ton of stuff about this bike and taking it apart from this site. Oh yeah, and there are AWESOME people on this site. The best site i have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and good luck with your search for a 9. Check out the post for the Mid Atlantic Meet in VA in June.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Buy used! There are a ton of great modded bikes out there for a fraction of new. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
420 Posts
:welcome:You will find a wealth of info here. I would by new then you know how its been taken care of. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
All this is good advice , I say Used , But Test Ride it First , and "Feel' the First To second Shift ,it takes a full Throw of your foot ,Do it Firmly
and Hit the accelerator , if it Pops out of gear , Walk away Fast !!

Good luck , I have heard a lot of Good things about Romney in West Virginia

oh yea
There Are Two new ones here in Richmond at Kens Cycle in Highland Springs a Blue ( the new Blue) ,and a black and orange

1 - 20 of 38 Posts