M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new m109r and needless to say its faster than every cruiser my buddies have,m however traveling through towns you wouldnt know cause you cant hear me over them, was wondering what you guys think sounds the meanest for our beasts.....appreciate the input

·
Registered
940 Posts
:welcome: There's just too many options to list but there are many threads here on exaust, just read up and make a decision, try the search feature also. congrats on the bike, you made a great choice.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:welcome: There's just too many options to list but there are many threads here on exaust, just read up and make a decision, try the search feature also. congrats on the bike, you made a great choice.
:agree: and also go to youtube to hear how different exhausts sound on the Nine and other bikes.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
do a search on the debaffle. it might just be enough to satisfy you for a while. its a cheap mod and its worth its weight in gold. plus, it gives you time to shop for the exhaust you want.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
In my opinion theres nothing better then the stock look. I say debaffle it and leave it at that. If you change the exhaust, you also have to use a fuel tuner. Your looking at about $1000. Use that money for something else on the bike like foot controls, rear and front signal lights, gel seats and some LED lights on the bike.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Come to a meet, one is starting this Wednesday, in Staunton, VA or get together with some local riders and see and hear them for your self. Before you spend $600 plus.

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
:welcome: to the forum bro. To get a taste of what they sound like, try debaffling your stock exhaust first. They sound pretty decent that way. If you want it louder, gut the stock pipes. Both of those are basically free.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does gut just mean debaffle? How do you fully gut the stock exhaust id be happy with that sound, sounded good actually

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
does gut just mean debaffle? How do you fully gut the stock exhaust id be happy with that sound, sounded good actually
Debaffling is just drilling the center out and or putting holes around the center pipe. Gutting is taking it all out.

·
Registered
488 Posts
For me the scorpion tips or the cobra dragsters would be the way to go. You can look at youtube ans listen to a whole bunch of different ones. That's what I did before I bought my 9. Remember though, the different cameras that are pick the sound up in different ways. Nothing like the real thing, come to the Mid atlantic meet and hear for yourself.:welcome:

·
Registered
310 Posts
i gotta set of bub pipes..louder than my buddies harley...lol

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Do the muffler tip mod for $12. It looks great and if you don't like it you can always buy a full aftermarket exhaust. GarthenJr has this setup on his 9 and it was my favorite shortened version of a stock exhaust that I saw at the Mid Atlantic meet. No need to pay $125 for scorpion tips when you can buy some stainless or chromed tips that you like from your local parts house. Oh and it sounds super mean. No more baffles, it just screams!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Welcome bro I ended u with the cobra dragsters had the system maped and pleased with the sound and performance .I checked out utube and heard several pipes before I made a decision.good luck bro

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you are wanting to be loud I think the Hard krome sideburners are probably one of the two top loudest exhaust available for this bike. I had them and loved the look and the sound.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If you are wanting to be loud I think the Hard krome sideburners are probably one of the two top loudest exhaust available for this bike. I had them and loved the look and the sound.
:agree:I shortened mine down about 7 inches and I think they are one of the best looking also now. I think they sound great, but if you think they are to loud you can buy a baffle to quiet them down a bit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm naturally biased, but I think the V&H Big Shots are the best looking pipes. Not too far off the factory look, yet more compact and they sound great.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I'm naturally biased, but I think the V&H Big Shots are the best looking pipes. Not too far off the factory look, yet more compact and they sound great.

Those pipes sound great, but I am not a fan of the look (a little to long and close to stock). They are probably one of the most loud pipes made for the 9, if I could mix the sound of those with the looks of the sideburner it would be perfect for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts