M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your time, I've been looking on here for awhile now and I think I'm going to go with the c109r. I'm a cruiser kind of guy but I still love the sporty look of the M.
Two questions.
I'm about 170 and 5'8 coming off a M95 which handles like a dream, I've read that the C is a heavy bike and takes some getting use to. My M95 weights about 700lbs so does anyone know the difference?

Second question.
I see the intake cams are a little different from the M to the C has anyone every changed thier C' cam to a M' cam.

Thanks again.
Terry

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks to be about 87 lbs heavier for the C - M is at 707. Can't help you on the second question.

Manufacturer
SuzukiAlso calledC109R, C1800RProductionsince 2006ClassCruiserEngineLiquid Cooled DOHC 1783 cm³ V-twinTransmission5-speed, ShaftWheelbase2580 mm (101.6 in)DimensionsL 2450mm (96.5 in.)
W 985 mm (38.8 in)
H 1150 mm (45.3 in)
Weight357 kg (787 lbs) (dry)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Throw a passenger on your bike and basically that is more then the difference in weight. If you can handle that, you will have no issues.

As far as the cams...why would you? The difference in power isn't worth the headaches and labor to do that job. Remember, it is just a cruiser, and a fast one at that. If you really want more power, just buy the M and customize it to your liking and make it a C.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks for your time, I've been looking on here for awhile now and I think I'm going to go with the c109r. I'm a cruiser kind of guy but I still love the sporty look of the M.
Two questions.
I'm about 170 and 5'8 coming off a M95 which handles like a dream, I've read that the C is a heavy bike and takes some getting use to. My M95 weights about 700lbs so does anyone know the difference?

Second question.
I see the intake cams are a little different from the M to the C has anyone every changed thier C' cam to a M' cam.

Thanks again.
Terry
The crank shaft is heavier in the C also, Post to GMAN here, He knows everything about both, Dyno results, power curves, what have you.......

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Guys for the fast responce. I wasn't going to change the cams I only have 400 miles on my bike and after a little more research I found out why Suzi changed the cams. (more torque)
I'm looking to do some mods over the winter (performance) like most people.
My C50 will go in storage until spring and then hit the for sale thingy.

My M95 was just purchased from a older gentleman who didn't like the way that he sat on the bike, so he put it in a car trailer for 5 years, got that for a song with only 464 on the clock. I love that bike.

I haven't got a pix of the C109 but here's a shot of my other 2 beauties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts