M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new windshield from Long Ride Shields. They have a shape I think I might like if it does what they say they do. It is a combination of a Vstream and a klockworks windshield. They only thing is that the height of the screen is a max of 10 inches. The one I have now is 12 and covers me past my eyes, so I do have to look through the shield. I did start looking for a shorter one since it was kinda scratched and wanted a new one, and was thinking of trying it with the height just below eye level.

Has anyone tried this brand?

I should have it on by this weekend when it comes in. Can't wait. Hope it looks as good on my bike as they do on the website.

:super:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I dont know about the shield that you are getting but I had the suzuki touring shield and I changed to the sport shield and I couldnt be happier. You would think that the taller the shield the more wind protection but that is not the case at all. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
biscuitpimp,

Cant wait to find out. Got alotta hope for this shield, I think I might have to watch out for the really big bugs coming at eye level though.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
I dont know about the shield that you are getting but I had the suzuki touring shield and I changed to the sport shield and I couldnt be happier. You would think that the taller the shield the more wind protection but that is not the case at all. :bigthumbsup:
Same here, tried the touring first, found it alright. Bought a Sport and found it much more to my liking. Got em both on the classifieds here, so paid $215 for the both of them, less than one of the new Sports would cost at Suzuki.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You will enjoy your LRS shield...I have several for my 2010 FLHX and since it is so easy to change and they are so inexpensive I have different shields for touring & cruise nights

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will enjoy your LRS shield...I have several for my 2010 FLHX and since it is so easy to change and they are so inexpensive I have different shields for touring & cruise nights
Yeah,

I was thinking the same thing, if this one does some of what I want to do and think another one might do what I want it to do, then I would just buy another one. 80 or 100 bucks is alot less than the 500 I spent on the fairing.

WooHoo!

:super:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts