M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys from Memphis Shade were up here at Americade and put together a new windshield for the M109.

I set mine so that the rake of the windshield matches the angle of the fron fork tubes.

Comes off in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
sweet! that looks alot better than the others I have seen....how much? are you going to carry them?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sold! that is a nice shield.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Memphis Shades is a big windshield manufacturer. They were here at Americade installing windshields. They also happen to be a good company and good friends of ours.

We will be selling it but we will be riding south tomorrow and I will get to put about 650 miles on the bike as I ride to Richmond, VA. I want to make sure that it works really good and don't want to suggest it until I am sure that it rides good. I will post a ride report over the weekend.

It will be available in any of their 16 colors (or however many colors they have).

The black shading allows it to blend into the headlight cowl and it looks like it came from the factory that way. I also like the angle that it can be adjsuted to. I didn't want one that sits straight up.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you have any feedback Hal, Burple and Silver should be added to their color lines, for this windshield at least Maybe they already are for our bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hal, That looks great. Good luck on the ride to Viginia and be safe. Looking forward to your comments about this windshield.

oldfart

·
Registered
898 Posts
I still like that bag in the pic Givi model ?...my pick for a shield will have to be a little bigger than that one...looks nice but i need something for winter with a little more coverage...be safe

khrome

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
WOWOW WOOOHOOO!! This is the best looking one so far!!  :#1: :#1: My only hope is that it works as good as it looks and that they have one to go with my burple beast! How much$$$$ Hope you have a great ride Hal!!  :doorag:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Looking good Hal. I always ran Memphis Shades on My X, but have been using a different model temporarily until people in the aftermarket industry got on board. I'll be waiting for price and delivery date.
Jer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just added the windshield and mount into the store at www.directlineparts.com

I only added the black for now until I can get the color info on the other shields.

The windshields and mount kits are available now.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like it. It reminds me of the Pop-Top I used on my X. I think the Handlebar quick mount is a good feature too. The fork tubes are a little too busy with the Headlight nacelle. I want the first one you get with the black shading on the bottom. It will blend in well with the my Black bike and offer a little shade for the instruments.

Actually I wouldn't mind if the whole shield was the Black tint. It's low enough not to interfere with vision. I wonder if Memphis Shades has the ability to do a one off.
Jerbear

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to bust your bubble guys but that looks like a wreck and the windshield landed in our headlight. Just my opinion.I havent seen one yet that looks good. Might have to just wear a helmet.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts