M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this shield at the dealer. Don't know how it works yet because the roads are wet right now and I just washed it. In a 1/2 hour when the roads dry up I'll give you a report on it. The really nice thing about it is it's a quick detach. Works really well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not original but its high quality but also high price. Came to $280.00 but I think its worth it if you have the cash lying around. The brand is sportech and I really like the chrome attachments. When you pop it off, you hardly notice the mounting brackets on the handle bars. Pops on and off in seconds and it's really sturdy when attached. Its small enough that its hardly noticable from a small distance and doesn't take away from the bike. Going to go out and take it for a spin now. I'll let you know how it works when I get back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, here's the review. When you ride without a helmet, it keeps the bugs and everything off your face but it creates a vacuum and lifts your jacket up. Its fine at around 50 but over it kinda sucks.  Put on helmet and went out on interstate.  The height is just right to create a buffeting that you can't believe.  Thought my teeth would vibrate out in the 4 miles I went.  It really blocks the wind off your body and you hardly have to hang on at 80 but can't get around the helmet buffeting unless you tuck in behind the shield.  Looks like its going right back.  I know the parts man fairly well and it cleaned up like it came right out of the box.  Hope this helps the rest of you out when looking at shields.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thanks for the great review, looks like a spitfire should do for about 60 bucks.

Jamie, MN

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Wow...$280.00 dissapointment ? If your taking it back ,I guess so.

I wish Suzuki would get off thier duffs and get the gear out already.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 5-10 and I think you would have to get at least 2 inches lower to get out of the vibration. When I sat on the bike my sight level was just across the top of the shield and my sight was fine. Don't know what to tell ya, I think this bike doesn't like shields unless they are really big, and that's not the look I want.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EAGLEFAN67 said:
Wow...$280.00 dissapointment ? If your taking it back ,I guess so.

I wish Suzuki would get off thier duffs and get the gear out already.
The parts salesman said in a couple of weeks they expect suzuki to come out with the book on all the accessories. Maybe they will have a better shield in it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Ditch, thank you so much for sharing your pictures and test riding the Sportech windshield. I have seen it advertised and now know, because of your review, that it will not work for me. I too am waiting for the Suzuki windshield then I'll make my decision. :p

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Ditch nice job on the review and pics taht's what this site is all about ...I know you just saved me some buck and heartache...the search goes on for a nice removable shield

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you try and change the angle of the windshield? I would think if you make it parallel with the head light it will not create an buffeting. I was about to buy this windshield, but I guess I will wait.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I saw the pic of the shield I said wow looks great what kind is it so I can pick one up. Then I read your review. I'm 6"2. . .guess I'll wait. Thanks much for the review Ditch. You saved me some $.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try the Spitfire.
Mount is a bit much but the protection is superb even over 100.
The price is great at around ?70 with adapter for large bars.
I've seen outrageous prices on Honda VTX shields...Hope the Suzuki ones come out reasonable.
If they work as well as Spitfire and have cool mounts I might switch.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That stinks! Very disappointing! It looks good on the bike, but too bad it doesn't work well! Price sounds a little steep, but if it doesn't work it's not worth anything to me!! 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts