M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
edited finally   :redfaced: (tried to delete this posting, but it wouldnt let me...)

......didnt mean to start a pizz'in match over what is or isnt a cruiser...  :eek:

..and yes, it really aint got nothing to do with the 109 either...  ::)

this is simply a link to input your opinions for the new v max design

ya never know who they listen to and whos input will make a difference  ;)

i'd like to see all bike/car/truck manufacturers have this.. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.next-vmax.com/index2.html

tc

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: new v max..m109r biggest challenge?

TexasCruzer said:
m109r's biggest performance competitor is taking grassroots opinions from riders....
Are you saying the V-MAX is competing with the 109??
The V-Max (IMHO) is not a cruiser and should not be compared with the 109....

·
Registered
696 Posts

maybe comp for a buell..not the m109... plus they may work, but i can't get behind the intakes..mjm

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Pr0wl3r-X said:
sure in many ways, as far as high performance motorcycles, just like the vrods.. etc... !

...i've seen in several motorcycle magazines they've called the v-max the king of the cruisers....of course i've seen that about the valkeries too......maybe it's a generic term...

...and there are still folks, that likes the retro style cruisers even today, that does not consider the m109 to be a cruiser...so it depends on how ya think about it, right?

tc

·
Registered
161 Posts

Pr0wl3r-X said:
Why, cause it will win?

And before I say one more word, let me tell you that we had the same arguement on the Warrior site and I was telling all the Warrior guys the same thing. So don't think of it as a 109 bash cause it isn't.

Just because it has a liquid cooled V-4 doesn't mean that it's not a cruiser. The Magna has the same type of engine and its a cruiser. The Royal Star, same thing. The old V-max is considered a cruiser by 95% of people I've talked to. It's funny, most of the Warrior guy classify anything that they can beat as a cruiser. And anything they can't beat is "in another class". It's just funny.

·
Registered
752 Posts

The V-Max looks like a standard and rides like a standard. It definitly doesn't fit the cruiser mold. However Yamaha advertises it as a member of their star (crusier) line.

It will end up smoking us in the quarter though. It could end up smoking some liter bikes in the quarter if they listen to my survey.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

i don't like to consider the v-max in the same class because it beats us :p

G

·

I am thinking that the new V-max will be one killer of a machine no matter what class it will be carried in. And yes it is BUTT ugly. No, I would never buy one.

Reed

·
Registered
525 Posts

I don't think you can classify a cruiser by it's engine arrangement. To me, the V-Max is just as much a cruiser as the 109 is. Both stretch the category, but remain in it.

·
Registered
181 Posts

I've always though the V-Max was a cool bike. But, I don't like the looks of the bike in the llink.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Still looks like crap to me. And the foot position is that of a sport bike. I'd rather have a Busa or Kaw 14 if I've got to tuck. No Go Bro!

·
Registered
122 Posts

I've seen something like this before in Europe it is called the Benelli TNT Cafe Cruiser. Here it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Hands down, bar none, that is the ugliest bike I have ever seen. If I get smoked on my 109 by someone on one of these, I will congratulate them on their bikes excellent performance. Then I will give them the # for my optometrist.

·
Registered
532 Posts

I can see how the previous Vmax models could be classified as cruisers, but that thing that they have in the picture in that link doesn't look anything like a cruiser.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

I liked the V-Max when it came out 20+ years ago......... that was then and now IMO it has got a little long in the tooth , honestly I can't believe they are still making it and at roughly double the price it was :eek:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts