M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  This is a link to a new Vance and Hines exhaust for Softails. (Very limited pictures). Looks like this would be a good option for the M109 -- I wonder if V&H would respond to some owner-input from this Board ? -- (if there is a consensus that something like this woul be the way to go). Â

Actually, I think the short, slash cut one-into-ones look great, but I suspect that they would be WAY LOUD, and probably wouldn't be the best for power.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/a101_bigradius_stl_2into1_07.html

http://www.vanceandhines.com/a101_bigradius_stl07.html

G

·
Perry, just how loud is the JR exhaust mod? I live in Southern California and we have cops with decibel meters in their cars in certain cities.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The JR exhaust mod looks like crap...or some 21 year old wanna be power mod
brbluetele  :eek: i think that was UNCALLED FOR!! no need to talk like that all you have to say is that you dont like J Rs mod or say nothing at all :dontknow:

the J R mod is is J Rs mod you can like or not it's a good for power im sure and at helf the price :bigthumbsup: i may not like the way it looks but thats just me :D .."make it your own" is what i say

the big radius does look awesome!! :hot: :2excited:

·
Registered
770 Posts
brbluetele said:
The JR exhaust mod looks like crap...or some 21 year old wanna be power mod...Sorry JR (Irespect 90% of your stuff)...but I think the 109r's want a respectable looking exhaust that combines "Looks with Power"...Vance and Hines is our deliverer...the Big Radius is the S...H...I...you know where I'm goin'... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Not cool at all!!!!! :edit: :swear:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Man I just got of graveyard and to read a comment like that about JR's exhaust Makes me want to slap the taste out of some ones mouth :verymad:

The guy has done a lot for the 109 performance ,and this is the crap he gets in return,some people :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

·
Registered
99 Posts
perry or jr ,would you please give the dyno numbers on the the drag pac?i don't think i have seen them.can't wait for down time in decemger to send for the pak.great work,keep on keeping on :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like that V&H 2 into 1 but it would all depends on price....
I like the stockers too so that is probably what i will use. This mod does not rank high on my list.
But that is just my $.02 :doorag:

G

·
Hello JR and ppridgen1 have a question for you, ok at the track I have the throttle wide open (and I do mean wide open) its taking me half a year (ok more like 1/8 a mile) to build up speed, I'm running the cobra's with slash downs and donated my stock pipes to someone. I have a few questions, one is this normal I feel like I have all the low end power but even off the line I'm unable to beat a low end sports bike (1200 some kind of Harley its a small bike with a nice eng) I'm just not getting speed very fast. Second is there anything I can do to the cobra's that might help? I have the power commander mapped up but it still feels like I'm bogged down.

At the strip in 1/4 mile what speed should I be able to get to? Any ideas what settings I could use for the power commander :) no big air or Thunder yet :(.

·
Registered
237 Posts
J R said:
I fully understand you not being crazy bout the looks :bigthumbsup: We all have different taste and to be honest there where a few designs or looks rather I kinda liked better I had but they either didnt make the power I was looking for or didnt keep the noise down which on the 109 is a little bit of a challenge. My Muffler choice I felt went with the overall flow of the bike being modern and not a 1960,s chopper and for me personanlly it worked and accomplished what I wanted it to with weight, flow, and noise dampening ability and at a good price and it makes decent power and I think sounds pretty good :bigthumbsup: .Im not on here pushin parts bud actually I have never made 1 dime off anything off this board notta.Any moneys thats been collected thus far has been donated to people in need.....and im not talking about me... I appreciate your opinion and will keep it in mind. Thanks for your input .......... JR :bigthumbsup:
Now that's a respectble response and I can appreciate your direction and all you efforts. Sorry, as I said in my post, maybe I was a little harsh and withdraw my statement. I'm just an old fart looking for something that looks and sounds good without losing power. You'll never see me at the track racing my bike. As a matter of fact I'm putting a backrest on to allow some cruisin' with my beloved woman. So again, I do apologize for the harsh statement and definitely keep up the great work and advice giving. It is very appreciated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YIKES! It looks like I let Pandora out of her box with this thread!

Unlike you guys who live in Florida, where I live the leaves have already changed, and it was 31 degrees this AM. So I'm honkering down pretty soon, and won't be riding my 109 (unless I trailer it someplace) probably until next May. Thus, I have plenty of time to wait for aftermarket exhaust(s) to come along.

I had seen another thread about V&H where some guys were saying: "I hope they don't do a knock-off of the Propipe for the 109, I don't really care for the looks."

When I saw these large-bore 2-into-1's, I thought that if others liked them, we might be able to get V&H to do something like this for the M109. It would be another option for those who like it.

I personally really like the idea behind the "JR exhaust" -- the unbeatable combination of Price and Power. I REALLY like the performance aspect of the 109, but since I don't race at the track (and have beat every bike I have run up against so far with my 109) I would sacrifice a couple of HP for the "right" look.

Just my 2 cents (and my personal perspective). Most of what I have read here about the Cobra's (including JR's comments) are that they are LOUD -- so LOUD that women and small children run for cover when the bike fires up, and people's friends won't ride on their right side because the pipes are so obnoxious.

(?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts