M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Is this different than what you have posted pics of your bike with before? or the same?

Blah to make it easier can you post another pic with this bracket on your bike currently?

Thanks i try to keep up with posts but im not available to online alot and searching can be rough sometimes when you dont know the catch phrases.

Thanks

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2006moy said:
Is this different than what you have posted pics of your bike with before? or the same?

Blah to make it easier can you post another pic with this bracket on your bike currently?

Thanks i try to keep up with posts but im not available to online alot and searching can be rough sometimes when you dont know the catch phrases.

Thanks

Mike
Lamont is trying to find the pic also. It was deleted from my Frappr.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like that tucked up look more than the other plate mount. Very nice, clean.

Thanks for the pics that did help alot.

My list grows yet again :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is this material thicker than the other plate you have listed. The one I ordered several months back, had the directional tabs break off due to vibration.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
This is the new version that I had on my bike at Daytona. The shipment arrived today. It really tucks the license plate under the fender.

Here is the ordering link:Â http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6432&str=290

And this is what it looks like:

Hey Hal... where does it bolt to under the fender? and what material is it made from?? I fabricated my own bracket very similar to this one and found some stress fractures where it bends this weekend. (About 1000 miles with it)

So... unfortunately I need to replace it now. This looks like a good candidate. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its 100/1000 stainless steel which is very thick.

It uses the two bolts that are already there or you can drill out the holes in the fender and mount bigger bolts if you want it to be really secure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got to agree with JR. Hal's bike does look great. The mods are very subtle and tie together nicely. I love that HUGE rear tire.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just put the other one on but now I'm wondering what about the licence plate light?
what have you guys done?
Im afraid to put it back together.....
thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Exactly what I was trying to figure out how to make the bike look.. and you guys make a part for it...

Think I'll have to wait until I finish installing all the parts that are in the hands of UPS before I order any more 8)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Hal ... It was great meeting you. althought we really didnt get a chance to ride together ,it was a pleasure meeting you and to all of you out there... this plate looked great on his bike.. hell ,his whole bike is awesome looking.

Now i gotta go and order me a plate :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rasputin said:
Hi Hal,
I can't see from the pic's ..what do you use for a plate illumination light with the factory one gone?
I have two clear lights that are installed up under the fender. I will post a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have version 1.0 and loved it even though it sure liked to shake.
Good job on 2.o Hal. It looks great.

I was just gona modify my 1.0 to look like the cobra bike i saw at daytona. It looks like they didnt even have a bend, just a flat plate. I dont know without looking if the drilled new holes or used existing ones.

Either way here is some pics just for kicks.

Hal, is this what your lights look like ?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Just orderd one from DL.
Now all I need is a 109 to put it on... My dealer seems to enjoy keeping it in the shop.
Looks good can't wait to get rid of that plastic tail gate.
:p

·
Registered
642 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
This is the new version that I had on my bike at Daytona. The shipment arrived today. It really tucks the license plate under the fender.
Hal will this bracket work with the stock signals also?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
booda said:
Hal will this bracket work with the stock signals also?
This new bracket has 10mm holes for the turn signals. You can use a step-drill to enlarge the hole to fit the stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts