M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, i'm a first time biker and my first bike ever is on order.
thats right big m109. i have big plans and need some info on where i can get handle bars, swing arm, forks, and has anyone raked their front end. etc please help

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Welcome,my friend. You sure picked one bad mutha of a bike for your first! :bigthumbsup::doorag:

G

·
At the outset, I'd be a little more concerned about not killing myself than what nifty chrome do-dads to hang off the bike...the 109 is not exactly a "training" machine. When you go for a pilot's license, they don't throw you into an F18 on the first day...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Welcome to the best site for the Beast! Be safe as this bad boy can sure hurt you! Enjoy the ride:D

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
hi folks, i'm a first time biker and my first bike ever is on order.
thats right big m109. i have big plans and need some info on where i can get handle bars, swing arm, forks, and has anyone raked their front end. etc please help
:welcome: You should start with the how to post section then work your way out the oil change post by lamont one of the first to read. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

·
Registered
960 Posts
??? Learn how to ride first, then do mods.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
without sounding like i am preaching, i would have to say that i agree with the others on here and recommend that you get the feel of the bike first. i only say that because you mention that this will be your first bike ever, at least that is what i got from your post, so please correct me if i am wrong.

but in answer to your questions about where to buy some goodies, be sure to click on the DLP icon at the top of the page. they are the place where a majority of the members here purchase their items. they offer price matching and it is a good way to support the board.

for swingarm covers, be sure to get the suzuki brand for the driveshaft cover and the gregg's for the other side. those two items alone will make the bike pop. for chroming, be sure to contact liquidpain (jerry) on this site. i am not sure if he does shipping across the pond, but he will be able to answer that for you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
:welcome:and:congrats:....I agree NMclay!!..You really have to start out slow!!....It is a very FAST,and POWERFUL MOTORCYCLE!!!!...:bigthumbsup:
The Sweetest bike out there!..:#1::hot:

Braking the(9) in should be slow,and fully broken in at 30.000 mile's!
The first 600.00 mile's,Suzuki does the first oil change!! At 1500.00mile's,flush with synthetic oil,and continue with it alway's!!!:a18:

You can do the synthetic oil change yourself!!:bigthumbsup:...You really don't want to mod yet!!..Except for Baldylatino's SEAT'S!!:#1::drool:
It would be nice to have the air cover's done by Duck,too.:2THUMBSUP:
kn filter's are great,too.The (9) breath's so much better,too!!..Suck's up all that AIR!!!

Well enjoy,and be very careful!..Eye's pinned on the road's,You must"NEVER" let your GUARD down,because of a bunch of "Idiotic" (driver's!)( cager's!) that have no respect,or concern for our safety!!:verymad:

:dontknow:...Their eighter on their Dang cell phone's,or just not paying any ATTENTION at all!!!!...We've had a few close call's with very "stupid" cager's!!:pray:

Take Care,Ride Safe!!..:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome: and :congrats:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hope this isn't the first bike you've ridden! If that is the case then I HIGHLY recommend a Motorcycle Safety Course which can be found very easily in your local area. If you have ridden before then take it easy and do some parking lot practice on slow turns and backing up to get the feel of the bike. JMHO. :welcome: and :congrats: on the bike.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The 109 was not my first bike but it nearly threw me off the back the first time I rode it.....be careful and lean forward a little bit when you throttle until you get used to the feel...........as far as parts check out Meancycles, Kewlmetal, and the for sale forum on this site.
:welcome:

·
Registered
948 Posts
:welcome::congrats:

My best advice would be get used to the bike for awhile then start modding. If you start modding and dump the bike you may wind up doing your mods twice and that... gets expensive.

A riders course would help as well. This bike is a big beast and it can throw you down in a heartbeat if you are not prepared.

Ride Safe and Enjoy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts