M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All-

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a huge Suzuki fan. Just traded my 04 Hayabusa for an 09 Red M90, so I am new to the M family. To be honest, I am still not entirely sure I made the right choice. I wanted something a bit more reserve and comfortable after my last ride to Canada. My wife loved the passenger seat on the M90 so there it was.
Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated. After 6 years with the Busa and all my mods done perfect I need to start slow on the new one. I read up on the exhaust mods, but don't want to go too radical so as to need a Power Commander right away. Anyone who has drilled out the stock exhaust or removed the baffles have any suggestion? The bike rides very nice but is awfully quite!

Anyway....cheers and thanks for letting me in the forum. I'm looking forward to meeting some good folks.

-Red

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats:and enjoy.welcome to the forum. Ride safe ride smart stay alive

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome and grats on the new bike. For the exhaust... i have drilled mine... gave it a little more noise...enough to make a huge difference for in town riding but getting it over 55 mph will drown out the sound again.

A good mod to look at... lowering bones... gives the bike a whole new look and feel... i have a 3" kit in mine and alot of guys are running 2" and 2 1/2".. i personally think it rides and looks much better with the kit in it.... a good place to go for them is www.johnskits.com .. there is also a full how to in the m90 thread if you are considering it.

Don't be in to much of a hurry... the mod bug will strike... take your time and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome and grats on the new bike. For the exhaust... i have drilled mine... gave it a little more noise...enough to make a huge difference for in town riding but getting it over 55 mph will drown out the sound again.

A good mod to look at... lowering bones... gives the bike a whole new look and feel... i have a 3" kit in mine and alot of guys are running 2" and 2 1/2".. i personally think it rides and looks much better with the kit in it.... a good place to go for them is www.johnskits.com .. there is also a full how to in the m90 thread if you are considering it.

Don't be in to much of a hurry... the mod bug will strike... take your time and enjoy the new ride.
Get a Corbin riders seat goin Bro you ass will love you for it 8)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome!

GIpro w/ATRE and Duck's Custom Air Intakes were the best money I spent on my bike for performance based mods. I'd say take it slow, but I've had mine for a little over a year and it's a completely different bike now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GIpro w/ATRE and Duck's Custom Air Intakes?

I saw some post's for Duck's Air intakes. How do I get a hold of him? With winter coming in Ohio, I could send him my covers when the snow flies. ( I have a Super Motard to ride in the inclement weather ). What is the GIpro? And are you referring the a TRE as in Timing Retard Eliminator? I had one on my Busa. Good stuff!

Thanks for the welcomes!

-Red

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to the board. I live in the Dayton area. PM me sometime if you would like to get together and ride. I can also show you some of the things I have done to my M90. I have a red 09..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
GIpro w/ATRE and Duck's Custom Air Intakes?

I saw some post's for Duck's Air intakes. How do I get a hold of him? With winter coming in Ohio, I could send him my covers when the snow flies. ( I have a Super Motard to ride in the inclement weather ). What is the GIpro? And are you referring the a TRE as in Timing Retard Eliminator?
You can either click on his profile for a link or just Google "Duck's Custom Air Intake.". The GIpro w/ATRE is a digital gear indicator with advanced timing retard eliminator.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Red is the best color man :bigthumbsup: Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
918 Posts
you can do just about anything to your pipes and not need a power commander, or cobra or any other fi management, or the intake side of things as well, you can do just about anything to it, but when you make changes to both the intake and aftermarket pipes is when you will need fuel management.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Red, I had a ZX14 I think its called a ZZR1400 in the US and I too sometimes wonder if I made the right choice....then I go for a ride on my M90 and all doubt disapears.

Go the M90:welcome:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts