M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have ridden crotch rockets all my life (now 36) and have no desire to sit like that anymore. Since most of my friends are in to the HD scene and I build and modify Porsches the natural progression was a V-Rod. After all it was Porsche that could make the damn thing run. So I headed over with my buddy who has a Soft Tail Heritage to the dealer. No one comes out to help. Not a soul. Finally we find the front desk guy who knows nothing and finally walk out. Not completely discouraged we run over to the other HD dealer and now greeted, the guy spends some time with us but will not let me ride it because I have shorts on. Talk about a difficult process to spend money! So I said I will be back. Schedules are hard for me sometimes and I couldn’t get back up to the dealer quickly.

Fast forward….on Tues a customer of mine walks in and I told him my R1 is up for sale and we chat about the HD trips. He suggests the 109 (works at the dealer) and I did a little research and was pretty impressed. Called him up met him for 10 minutes at the dealer, grabbed a quick ride and headed out.

Yesterday I headed back to the HD this time with my two boys and my wife. I figured I would give it the good college try. We sit on the bikes for 30 minutes. My kids are literally terrorizing the place. Nothing, no one!! Not a single soul came out to help. My questions this time were simple. I just wanted to find a HD and perhaps change some things so I was comfortable.

We walked out and went across the street to the Suzuki dealer and 20 minutes later I had purchased the silver 109. I am THRILLED with this bike. What is great is I went out riding last night with my HD pals and every where we stopped no one paid a single bit of attention to the HDs. They were all over my bike!! LMAO.

Now that I got that out of the way some simple questions for you guys if you don’t mind. Does anyone have a billet version of the electronic controls on the bars? The plastic painted silver just doesn’t cut it.

Pipes?? Anyone have something that is not just a straight cut and winds up?   

Sorry for being long winded.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Congratulations on making the right decision :bigthumbsup:. I always say that things happen for a reason, Some one was looking out for you and keeping you from making the wrong choice. Better Get used to all the attention, it will happen a lot . I have had mine for a Little over a month and i still have that grin from ear to ear that we all 109 owners have gotten used to whenever we ride . I'm sure the 109 will not disappoint you.
As far as your questions go there are a few aftermarket exhaust companies...Cobra,hard krome and others working on making them.

Most question you might have in the future ,the guys here will be able to answer for you or guide you in the right direction. Lamonster has done a great job in creating this forum and we have a bunch of very knowleagable guys here ready and willing to help you out in any way they can.

Be safe and enjoy
Dan

P.S. Congrats on picking the fastest color SILVER!!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
congrats bro on ur purchase i too use too ride crotch rockets and know i love my m109r.......i purchased the cobra drag pipes and also am using the cobra fi2000 comp.....awesome sound and awesome power increase ...so there is my bit of info bro...... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Welcome aboard. I like you was in the marcket for the V-rod. When I saw my first 109 though I was hooked and havent looked back. Great bike.

If ytou click on the "Direct Line Parts" link at the top of the page yoyu'll get dorected to a pretty good site that lists most of the more popular kind of exhausts out there. Thats should get youi started anyway.

Stick around the forum a bit, there's a bunch of very nice and knoledgeable peeps around.

And also congrats on getting the fastest color too :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

It does take some getting use to of the V twin. Those jugs (no pun intended) must be huge. That pitter patter feels like a miss, but the way this thing runs no miss is present :D

The break in is killing me!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was great. I got home late last night and my youngest (4) is waiting at the end of the driveway with his bike helmet on. He was actually the perfect boy yesterday and didn't get in trouble all day so he could go for a bike ride. So we went around the block for 5 minutes through our development. I thought they would have some reservation about looking the yellow rocket as they call it. They have decided that the new ride is pretty damn cool. Made my night..

I was thinking of maybe making those myself. We CNC a ton of products and I just can't get over that plastic. It is the only thing that really looks cheap. Problem is I am not takin gmine off because then I can't ride :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
good luck with your new bike you are going to enjoy this bike . it will turn heads just like the Porsche does. p.s you did pick the fast-es color if you like speed.LOL

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
porschephd said:
Anything you want to know. I am a tuner/engine builder in the Porsche world. www.imagineauto.com

Ask away.
Hey, do you know much about Audi's? I have a 2006 A6 3.2 and it drives me crazy with the hesitation when you first hit the gas. What's up with the delay? Any way to get rid of it? I gotta think it's caused by the drive-by-wire system or something but I'm ready to trade this thing in on an Infiniti G35 Coupe it's so annoying. Thanks and congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum!

G

·
Congratulations and welcome. I have noticed that at some places it is getting harder and harder to get waited on. :evil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts