M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new here and new to the 109. I spent just about all my time riding sportbikes. My last were a Ninja 636 and Ninja 1000.

I'm older now and the back isn't what it used to be. I've always loved the look of the 9er so if I was going to get a cruiser, I could accept no substitute. I recently bought a 2021 and don't even have 300 miles on it yet.

Since I am new to cruisers in general, I will be looking to you all for advice on mods and alterations. No way I am going to keep it stock. So thank you in advance for answering my questions. I am sure I will have many.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am looking forward to see what I can do to her. I do love the ride as is though. The power is killing anything I got on sportbikes.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and hope you have tons of fun on that beautiful bike! 🙋‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Beautiful ride! I remember the days of being stock and then saying " just an exhaust"... 3 years later here she is. Holler if you need any help. View attachment 419868
Thanks and I have a feeling that I am going to be the same way. I have literally spent all day, since making this post, watching football and scouring the the net looking at possible mods for my 9.

Your ride is very nice and I see several mods that I was looking at myself. So I will probably have a ton of questions for you in the near future. But I will save them for now. I need to see who wins between Clemson and Georgia.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Congratulations on your new M109, and welcome to the forum!
Many of us have installed 2" (or even more) handlebar risers to help with back pain and for comfort.
If you change intakes and exhaust, you'll either need aftermarket fuel management, or an ECU flash (which has a number of other benefits as well.
There is a lot of information available here, so use the search function when you have questions. If you are unable to find answers to your questions, start a new thread, and members will jump in to help you.
Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations on your new M109, and welcome to the forum!
Many of us have installed 2" (or even more) handlebar risers to help with back pain and for comfort.
If you change intakes and exhaust, you'll either need aftermarket fuel management, or an ECU flash (which has a number of other benefits as well.
There is a lot of information available here, so use the search function when you have questions. If you are unable to find answers to your questions, start a new thread, and members will jump in to help you.
Cheers!
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Much appreciated. I will definitely do my research on here. I can already tell there is a wealth of information gathered here.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
HAHA. Stock motorcycle! HAHA. What's that? Mine's an 06, paid $10,499.00 for it in 06. Last time I ran the numbers, I have over $7500 in mods on it. Stock? HAHA.

Beautiful bike btw. Love that color. What year is that?

Psycho1000R, also a really nice ride.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay so that looks sweet but i need to ask where did you get the rims at and do i want to know how much lol.
Thanks !! Theyre Roland Sands "Diesel" wheels. 10" rear. I got them used for 1500$ with tires plus my wheels n tires if I recall?
Not sure what they go for new?

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts