M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site...glad to be here.   

I bought myself a Blurple 109 for Mother's Day.  Got tired of trying to keep up with my husband on his VStrom (1000) while on my Honda Shadow (750).  I don't work to keep up anymore. 

I hadn't heard much about the 109 - was just looking to upgrade in cruisers.  My hubby suggested it jokingly.  I was hooked 3 minutes into the test ride!  This bike just gets more fun each time I'm on it.

Hey, I'm not the only Mom riding this amazing bike, am I?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Congrats on your new bike :bigthumbsup:. I know you will enjoy every second of every minute of every hour you ride it. So far i think you are the only female here that actually owns one. there are other females here but its they're husbands that actually own and ride the 109.
So .. needless to say, Congrats again on also being the first female M109R owner :hot: :beer3: :clap2: :clap2:.We are proud to have you joined our forum and hope you enjoy it as much as we are.
I'm sure now it'll be your husband trying to keep up with you and all the stares you'll be getting.

Now lets See a picture of you and the bike ..... :D. What color is it ?

·
Registered
398 Posts
One more thing ... if you look up posts by blkM109r youll see he has a web site that sells guys and girls t-shirts with different M109R desings which are really cool and i know you will like. they are of excellent quality and the desings are top notch. :bigthumbsup:Check it out sometime

·
Registered
211 Posts
:welcome: You are officially the coolest Mom on the world, if you own a 109r :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
J R said:
:welcome: I havent got my wife to drive the bike yet but she enjoys it in the back.
You know JR, my wife when for the first time ever on a ride with me last Sunday and she loved. In fact she just got a new mesh jacket and we are planning to go to Daytona next week to purchase a new helmet for her. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J R said:
:welcome: I havent got my wife to drive the bike yet but she enjoys it in the rear. :bigthumbsup:
In the rear, huh? I think I'm just going to let that one go...

·
Registered
600 Posts
:eek: :evil: :D :clap2: :hot:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Welcome Fem109.
I think you're probably the only woman on this site riding the 109, but Im sure that will change.  In  the MIXRIDERS, a number of women started on VTX 1300s when Their partners moved uo.  Interestly, because of  the comfortable power courve on the 1300, most have no problem keeping up.  Some of these riders have discussed moving up and I suspect a lot of them might inhereit 1800s when Honda makes a move to upgrade the style and power of the !800.
Where do you and your husband live?  Did he keep his V-Strom?
I expect soon we'll see a lot of state 109 clubs starting up.  Having a bunch of others with the same passion makes for a lot more enjoyment.  MIXRIDERS also started doing regular tech meetings to help newbies with things like fork spring changes, valve adjustments,  power commander tuning, etc.
Again, a big welcome.
Jer

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
J R said:
:welcome: I havent got my wife to drive the bike yet but she enjoys it in the rear. :bigthumbsup:
FEM109 said:
In the rear, huh? I think I'm just going to let that one go...
:a20: :a20: Exactly what I was thinking!! I'm sure your wife appreciated you telling us all that!! :joke: :joke:

Congrats on the bike and picking the bestest color!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
FEM109 said:
As requested.....

Like I said. The coolest Mom alive. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jerbear said:
Welcome Fem109.
I think you're probably the only woman on this site riding the 109, but Im sure that will change. In the MIXRIDERS, a number of women started on VTX 1300s when Their partners moved uo. Interestly, because of the comfortable power courve on the 1300, most have no problem keeping up. Some of these riders have discussed moving up and I suspect a lot of them might inhereit 1800s when Honda makes a move to upgrade the style and power of the !800.
Where do you and your husband live? Did he keep his V-Strom?
I expect soon we'll see a lot of state 109 clubs starting up. Having a bunch of others withn the same passion makes for a lot more enjoyment. MIXRIDERS also started doing regular tech meetings ti help newbies with things like fork sring changes, valve adjustments, power commander tuning, etc.
Again, a big welcome.
Jer
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys. I have no doubt that there will be more gals on this beast. All they've got to do is try it and they'll be hooked, just like I was. Yes, my hubby still has his Strom. It's a great bike for him - he has a 30 mile commute (we're in Ventura County, CA) in some knarly traffic...the Strom fits his needs quite well. We'd love to meet and ride with some others in the area.Â

We're new again to riding. We started when we were kids but then stopped when life got in the way and just started again a little over a year ago (when we relocated to the LA area). It is the *only* way to get around here. We sold the minivan and now have the bikes and a small Saturn (for grocery shopping). My hubby takes our youngest daughter to elementary school and I take our oldest to high school in the mornings...our girls arrive in style!

Thanks again for the warm welcome from you all! (and you're right - Blurple is the best/fastest/coolest color)

·
Registered
398 Posts
FEM109 said:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, guys. I have no doubt that there will be more gals on this beast. All they've got to do is try it and they'll be hooked, just like I was. Yes, my hubby still has his Strom. It's a great bike for him - he has a 30 mile commute (we're in Ventura County, CA) in some knarly traffic...the Strom fits his needs quite well. We'd love to meet and ride with some others in the area.Â

We're new again to riding. We started when we were kids but then stopped when life got in the way and just started again a little over a year ago (when we relocated to the LA area). It is the *only* way to get around here. We sold the minivan and now have the bikes and a small Saturn (for grocery shopping). My hubby takes our youngest daughter to elementary school and I take our oldest to high school in the mornings...our girls arrive in style!

Thanks again for the warm welcome from you all! (and you're right - Blurple is the best/fastest/coolest color)

SO you live in Ventura CO. huh!! i used to be stationed there in Port HUeneme with the Navy Seabees for 11 years. I miss Cali ....id love to be able to take the 109 on a ride down Pacific Coast Highway or the mountain roads thru the hills... it pretty much flat land here in Florida but sure cant beat the weather here ,its awesome .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts