M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I am sure I will have lots of questions, but first I have lots of reading to do, I come from a long history of sport bikes so this is a new chapter for me. I bought this 2006 M109R and I think I bought someone else's project, which I am ok with, but trying to identify what I am starting with is proving difficult. For example, the exhaust... Is this an aftermarket exhaust, or is this maybe just a partial exhaust system? lol. I am beginning to think that the muffler parts are just missing. Any help in identifying this is appreciated.
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
9,018 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new M109!
That appears to be a shortened stock exhaust.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,716 Posts
Here is a much better photo of them.
I agree with BASS 666, it looks like the top is missing something. The bottom looks like a tip added to the cut off stock pipe, the top looks like maybe the stock heat shield but not tip. I bet it's loud.

The top muffler on these can be removed, but the bottom is welded on. It splits right after the catalytic converter, with the bottom running straight through and the top angling up then back.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Surprised it still has the stock air cleaners. All that work for the exhaust, and stock intakes? WTF??

No turn signals front or rear? Used to have a windshield, from the looks of those brackets attached to the forks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The turn signals were replaced with LED Strips both front and back that are almost invisible until they are turned on. He also installed blue LED lighting via a switch in the wheel wells that looked nice, just not really my thing. Yes, it had a wind shield on it, but the dealership decided to remove it because they couldn't get the colorful phrases and sparkling adornments off of it, and they broke it trying to do so. The guy also installed a speaker to connect your cell phone to, behind the headlight in the housing, it's interesting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The turn signals were replaced with LED Strips both front and back that are almost invisible until they are turned on. He also installed blue LED lighting via a switch in the wheel wells that looked nice, just not really my thing. Yes, it had a wind shield on it, but the dealership decided to remove it because they couldn't get the colorful phrases and sparkling adornments off of it, and they broke it trying to do so. The guy also installed a speaker to connect your cell phone to, behind the headlight in the housing, it's interesting.
Cops will bust your balls about blue lights. You can get the shield with or without the brackets for under $100 on Aliexpress. There are no good sounding bike systems , loud , sure , but they all sound like AM radio.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I like my Cobra Trip Pro just fine. It's not terribly loud. No one raises their windows up when I am next to them.

Also love the sound of the Yoshimura on my B-King. It's not terribly loud putt-putting around. But sure, when that exhaust valve opens up on the throttle, ear plugs are recommended.

I like am radio. Well, used to. Now that El Rushbo is pushin up daisies, I won't listen to it much again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts