M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up by bike in the spring and looking for some feed back on mod's that I am considering.

1. I'm 6' 2" 280 is lowering a 109 a viable option? I'm concerned about bottoming out. Not really going to riding too hard, for now, and I'm going to be riding solo. So hard cornering is not going to be a concern right now, maybe later.

2. Can a 260 rear tire be used without any other modifications?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
1. I'm 300 lbs, and I was lowered 1.5 inches, and only bottomed out, when 2 up, hitting hard bumps.

2. Yes, it will fit without any modifications. A 280 will require a 10 inch rim. A 300 requires swing arm modifications, 10 inch rim, and inner fender modification... Just for starters.

3. Please check the link in my signature line, for other frequently asked questions.

4. :welcome:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
:congrats::welcome:

A 250 Dunlop is wider than 260 Metz. You will need to shave the screws and bolts shorter under the fender if lowering. I'm 2 1/4 and don't bottom at the lowest shock setting. Weight is 215
I notice this bike corners better with more weight

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

A 250 Dunlop is wider than 260 Metz. You will need to shave the screws and bolts shorter under the fender if lowering. I'm 2 1/4 and don't bottom at the lowest shock setting. Weight is 215
WOW you're up early LOL. I have 2 inch bones 250 lbs and hardly bottom out. I just bumped my shock setting to 6. I have been hitting bumpy corners kinda fast , lately and needed it a little stiffer. A better feel.

PS..........Painting my wheels today................ and suppose to be 70 here today chezzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back!!!

Great info all around!

I'll keep the board updated on how the mod's go.

Be safe out there all.....

G

·

Don't forget the 250 Avon. :D

I'm 280, girl's bout 150, no prob on 2 up at standard height. Why lower it? It's made to burn! ;-)

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I'm 280, girl's bout 150, no prob on 2 up at standard height. Why lower it? It's made to burn! ;-)
I thought the same thing, but reading that he is 6'2" we know that his inseam is not the issue. Which only leads to he must what to do it because of the looks.

G

·
I thought the same thing, but reading that he is 6'2" we know that his inseam is not the issue. Which only leads to he must what to do it because of the looks.
I like the idea of an air ride. It's like the coilovers on my car, except much easier to adjust! I hate being constrained.

Not even tied up by a dominatrix. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lowering is more for the look that any other effect..

Don't think I'll be much of a "burner" in the hill country around here.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts

Don't think I'll be much of a "burner" in the hill country around here.[/QUOTE]
Ha Ha! Thats a good one! You haven't had the chance to know what you will be doing with this bike. The urge gremlin will get you!
Get back with us just after you break the bike in. Better yet...After you install the fuel controller.

G

·

Ha Ha! Thats a good one! You haven't had the chance to know what you will be doing with this bike. The urge gremlin will get you!
Get back with us just after you break the bike in. Better yet...After you install the fuel controller.
Hunt, may I hijack this thread for one moment to say how much I LOVE your avatar? Got a bigger version of it? Gotta love side boob, especially in a bikini top. :drool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
:congrats::congrats::congrats:
Welcome aboard!!!!!!! Look out for the MOD BUG!!!!!! It's a B**&$ to get rid of..... holla

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I'm picking up by bike in the spring and looking for some feed back on mod's that I am considering.

1. I'm 6' 2" 280 is lowering a 109 a viable option? I'm concerned about bottoming out. Not really going to riding too hard, for now, and I'm going to be riding solo. So hard cornering is not going to be a concern right now, maybe later.

2. Can a 260 rear tire be used without any other modifications?

Looks like it is going to be several more months until he actually picks up his 9.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
:welcome: to the forum bro. I'd wait until you get it, then try it and see how much you want to lower it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts