M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, new to your forum.this place rocks.i am looking to buy a new m-109r.i have a few questions for you guys.i do alot of riding,i have put 13,000 miles on my aero this year alone.i also do alot of two up riding.how well suited is the m-109r for this ?how comfortable is the seat ? i have a mustang seat now.what kind of mileage are you getting from the dunlops ? any help towards making this purchase any easier would be great. the dealers in my area have only sold maybe 3 total. no of those are anywhere close. i am in indiana. thanks,

·
Registered
350 Posts
IMO the Aero is more suited for two up riding. If you put 13K on the Aero in one year, then you'll put 26K on the 109. It's at least twice as fast and more than twice the fun to ride. I've owned two 1100 Aero's and this bike is a completely different machine that can't be compared. If you can, own both and use the 109 for your solo rides. That was my plan until I got the bike, then I found I didn't want to get on the Aero anymore. I do very little two up riding tho.
Like most bikes, the stock seat isn't bad for a hundred miles or so. There are after market seats available. You can sdo a search and find feedback on most of them. As for the Lop's, they should go 10 to 12K I would think. If you can keep from spinning the fat one. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
In my opinion this is a solo kinda bike.

The rear seat will never be put on my bike. (personally)

This bike is made to be ridden aggressively, (very fast in a straight line so hold on) therefor my wife will not be on it.

If you are getting the bike only to ride yourself then I say GET IT !!!!!!! Black of course.

But get a Kawi Nomad or Honda Goldwing if your riding two up and taking the wife along. That way she has those nice hard saddle bags to put all her womanly things in.

( I also think that most of us here ride solo, but I could be wrong)

Just my opinion.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
M109LOVER said:
( I also think that most of us here ride solo, but I could be wrong)
I don't even have the rear seat for mine 8) Dealership forgot to ship it to me as I rode it home from out of state... I don't miss it.. wouldn't have used it much anyway. Too many of the women I know that "MIGHT" want to ride on my bike have seen me pass them on the freeway like they were sitting in traffic.... and they were speeding themselves 8)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My rear pillion has never been on my bike which has almost 11k miles on it. It's sitting over in the corner of my garage collecting dust. This is a one up bike. But what a one up bike it is. I beg to differ in the "straight line" comment. This bike will thrill you whether straigh line or curved line. Just twist and go!

·
Registered
207 Posts
For my take, this is a 'personal experience' type bike.I have a full dressed out Vulcan for the little woman to ride in comfort with. But I got to tell ya,it doesn't get a lot of run time since I got the 109.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I use the rear seat on mine................ to tie stuff on to :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
My personal experience with the stock rear tire was 7K. I only smoked it three times (not including the major one at the shop where I made sure it was completely lifeless just before they changed it :evil: ). I'm right at 10K now and the front is in need of new rubber.

Me and the missus did quite a bit of 2-up riding this past summer - about 3,500 miles total. It's not a touring bike, to be sure, but all-in-all we were comfortable and had a LOT of fun on it :D

I'm sure you've read about the oil being overfilled and the front tire/rim being installed backwards. Some have had other issues... like the exhaust pipe tips being mounted cockeyed :eek:

Before you ride off from the dealership take a deep breath, let the butterflies settle some and take few minutes to go over it front to rear :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ride two-up all the time. Mostly day rides not state-to-state touring. My Harley is for sale and sits in the garage because this bike is that much more fun riding two-up as is riding solo when comparing to another bike. No comparison.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My wife rides with me. her butt gets really sore in about 45 minutes. I think the gel seat and zuki back rest will relieve this a lot.

But I also think that the height of the passenger pegs, puts her in an uncomfortable position. She's tiny 5'1", 110 pounds. Cobra is supposed to come out with an adaptor for the rear pegs, but who knows when they will be ready...

Hop this helps...

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have the wifey on the back when I am not at work and out riding. She says it's ok for a while but you just need to make stops to stretch your legs. The back rest will probally make it more comfortable if my mounts ever come in.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Since the Gel seats no complaints from the back...it rides 2 up better than most bikes I've owned. Your smile will match your name and will be a Big-e

1 - 13 of 13 Posts