M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks!

New to this board today and I'm amazed at the membership of new M109 riders.

Just purchased a silver M109 for 12k even, in mid March. I'm totally awed by this bike. Both style and performance are above expectations. Traded a 2002 VTX C and will miss that powerful ride.

Like many, I've removed the reflectors and gas tank warning labels and have ordered replacement tires, 130/70-R18 and 250/40-R18 Dunnies form HDL. After a little research I was confident that the 250 will fit with no mods required.

With almost 1K on the clock and the 600 mile STEALER service completed for $169.00, I'm searching for a factory service manual. With the bike being so new, there are very few items for the 109 available.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Welcome to the site Bro. It's funny that this bike is just like when the Valkyrie and VTX first came out. We were all rushing to see what was out there that we could add or change on the bike. :D It took a while for the aftermarket guys to embrace the Valkyrie but the VTX was a hit from the get go. I'm not sure how the 109 will be received by the aftermarket. I think this bike has a lot more potential for horsepower then the VTX or Valkyrie and I'm sure there will be many performance mods to follow. I'm not real sure about anything else right now. I guess we'll wait and see. I know we have a pretty good list of things that we plan on building for this bike. Give it a year and there should be a ton of stuff to make your bike stand out even more in a crowd. :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rynosback said:
Thanks! After reading the posts I'm going to check with the STEALER and see if they have the manual available and at what cost. When I had my 1800X one of the first purchases was the factory manual. If I recall I paid $60 for it from HDL. It was the best money spent and paid for itself many times over. What was most important was that all torque values were clearly called out for each component. No guessing and never had stripped hardware... :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lamonster said:
Welcome to the site Bro. It's funny that this bike is just like when the Valkyrie and VTX first came out. We were all rushing to see what was out there that we could add or change on the bike. :D It took a while for the aftermarket guys to embrace the Valkyrie but the VTX was a hit from the get go. I'm not sure how the 109 will be received by the aftermarket. I think this bike has a lot more potential for horsepower then the VTX or Valkyrie and I'm sure there will be many performance mods to follow. I'm not real sure about anything else right now. I guess we'll wait and see. I know we have a pretty good list of things that we plan on building for this bike. Give it a year and there should be a ton of stuff to make your bike stand out even more in a crowd. :D
Lamonster: Want to take the opportunity to thank you for such a great resource (board). Having followed the VTX board for several years I'm already impressed with the information and help available. With the number of new 109 riders rising daily and their interest in tweeking a already great machine this board will grow by leaps and bounds! Again! Kudos :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
grats on the bike, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Re: new to board as well

I am new to the board as well. I am truly impressed. Great pics on the site and good coversation. I purchsed my M109 March 6. So far. I have alarmed it and added neon lights. I will take a few pics soon and post.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: new to board as well

Silver M10niner said:
I am new to the board as well. I am truly impressed. Great pics on the site and good coversation. I purchsed my M109 March 6. So far. I have alarmed it and added neon lights. I will take a few pics soon and post.
Congrats on your 109.....these things really keep a :D on a riders face.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts