M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new to the board. My dad and I both own the 109's. His silver, mine black. I'm a big guy. 6'3" 265. Question for you all.  The rear break foot-lever is in just an AWFUL positon for me. I have to stick my foot WAY out while I ride (not fun if I have to make a quick right turn).  Anyone had any luck adjusting it? Perhaps an aftermarket lever that is shaped or can be positioned better? Any info would be great.

Thanks and keep the shiney side up fellas.

-Jmills

PS
I assume this has been posted on and discussed before but I'm new to the board and looked through several pages and didn't see anything.  I'm sure I just missed it. If so, if somebody could copy/paste links on said discussion would be cool.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
at first it bothered me a lot and i tried to adjust it (remove the lever and move it around a few notches) but have no tools that work on this. You can't get an allen head wrench in there to loosen it! It moves 1/2 turn and hits the motor and doesn't turn far enought to take out the wrench and reposition. So if any of you who have done this can let me in on the secret, i'd be mucho appreciative.

that said, I'm used to the position now after 2200 miles

·
Registered
175 Posts
Been There.. To get the bolt off you need a 6 inch allen wrench.. get at the bolt from the top or bottom loosen half turn and go to the other side. once the bolt is removed, remove the spring and pull the lever off and adjust to your liking.. mine was 2 notches.. much better... :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good work Cowboy. In addition I have to sticked a big flat screwdriver on the opening and twisted a little in order to get the level out of the shaft, move it three notches and push it back in. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. Oh, and sorry I didn't post in the Tech Section. I see some posts in there regarding the break lever. Just now getting the "feel" of the site. Again, appreciate the info, fellas.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OK Guys...
I'm on the other end of the spectrum, I'm 5'8" and i find the adjustment as is stretching me to the limits...can someone provide and illustration...pics of steps? Can the shifter be adjusted as well? PLEASEEEEE help ...I'll enjoy the ride a lot more If I can move these in. I really don't want to take it to the dealer if I can do it myself :confused:

Thanks in advance :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

·
Registered
116 Posts
8) I cut about 1" or so from the end of the brake pedal and then adjusted it as far forward as I could and still operate.

If you look at the brake pedal, I cut it off at the second ring in from the outside. Man did that make a difference for me. Now I have room to move my foot around. :doorag:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
thanks for all the info guys. finally got mine moved this afternoon. didn't get to ride but will test on the way to work in the morning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow what a freaking difference moving it made! I had to send it 3 notches forward. 2 notches just didn't quite do it for me. Notice: If you go three notches (as some folks have indicated) it does in fact, bottom out on the frame a bit when punched hard.

However, I tried punching it hard while riding it to see if the bottoming out would effect performance. Fact is, the rear tire locks up before you bottom out. At least it did on mine. So, at least I know I have full range of performance even though I'm 3 notches forward.

Very happy with the feel of the right foot now. (FYI, size 13, 6'3", 265 lbs so if your a similar build this position simply rules).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
only problem with that , is you will damage the paint on the foot cage when bottoming out. been there done that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts