M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAD SOME AVON(COOPER) TIRES INSTALLED ON MONDAY(11-13-06) 130/70R18 IN FRONT AND 250/40R18 ON REAR.
NOW MY BIKE HAS THIS DEATH VIBE AT 40 AND UP. I THINK IT IS THE TIRE BALANCE BUT IT IS WORSE IF I GET ON THE GAS. MAYBE THEY DID NOT PUT SOMETHING BACK TO GETHER RIGHT. ALL  I KNOW IS THAT I'M REALLY :edit: :edit:OF THAT I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY AND THOSE :edit: EVEN TEST DROVE MY 9 AFTER AND I STILL HAVE A :edit: PROBLEM!!!!!!!! WHAT THE :edit: BATMAN...........ANY IDEAS?????

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: NEW TIRS INSTALLED NOW MY BIKE HAS A DEATH VIBE!!!!!

kat i think they may have left out the rubber torque bushings in side the hub this is just a guess because i had something happen like that to my cbr 600

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

DUDE,98% SURE it's the tires.We sold Coopers for a time at our auto rpr shop.We stopped because of TOO many problems just like you're having. I'd assumed they're better now, but..... :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

zookmon said:
DUDE,98% SURE it's the tires.We sold Coopers for a time at our auto rpr shop.We stopped because of TOO many problems just like you're having. I'd assumed they're better now, but..... :(
I sell cooper tire aswell at my shop in GA and have some problems with them but not like this. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

I'm currently running a Avon Venom R 250/40-R18 and have no problems. I personally static balanced the wheel/tire and it did require just over 3 oz. of wheel weights to get the tire balanced. That is a considerable amount of weight to bring the tire into balance. I've had Metz which required no wheel weights at all...mounted them by lining up the balance paint dot with the valve stem and no added weight was needed.

I would strongly suggest you have the wheel rebalanced and if the problem persists you may have a ply separation. If that is the case the tire has a manufacturing defect and should be covered by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts

I'd raise hell and send that crap back. If the people you bought them from don't play nice then file a complaint with the credit card company (Hopefully you used a card to by them, helps in cases like this) and have them charge it back.

I would in no circumstances accept this!

·
Registered
32 Posts

I had the same problem with the front tire on my busa. Was fine until about 40 and up it would vibrate enough to start the bars to wobble which intensified if I took my hands off of the handlebars. I then took the bike back and told them the problem and they replaced the front tire and the problem was gone. I assume it was balanced properly so have them remove it and it should be taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts