M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found some time to get the new tires on. Gotta make sure its ready for Sturgis as we leave on Friday, July 28.

·
Registered
898 Posts
mmm...new skins..... :bigthumbsup: new treads are always fun to get.... i just always worry about someone draggin my rims on the concrete :eek:

khrome

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
OK newer rider question.
Do/will you mix tires front to rear? I dont mean radial and bias...
I mean a new Metz in the rear (seems like the most popular) and leave the origianl Dunnie on the front?
I try not to on my cars, but have done both front or rear with a new tire when needed. I would never do only 1 or 3 for that matter.

So what do you guys say?? My tires are fine now, but if I grab a nail there is no way I am going to overpay to wait for a stock Dunnie from my dealer.

Sledzep

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hal, I see a new Metzler front there too but don't see it listed on Directline. Might be a good idea to add it for us folk that like to do both at once. I know I could probably look for it on the HDL site but I love to see our !09 site grow.
Jer
HalGreenlee said:
Finally found some time to get the new tires on. Gotta make sure its ready for Sturgis as we leave on Friday, July 28.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got my new Metz260 yesterday to go w my stock Dunny front - so far, no real big diff but only have put 50 plus miles to this point. This weekend I'll get a chance for some good riding to get more of a feel. I don't really expect to notice much. Just a bit wider, the Metz260 sure is a pretty tire. 10-4 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sledzep01 said:
OK newer rider question.
Do/will you mix tires front to rear? I dont mean radial and bias...
I mean a new Metz in the rear (seems like the most popular) and leave the origianl Dunnie on the front?
I try not to on my cars, but have done both front or rear with a new tire when needed. I would never do only 1 or 3 for that matter.

So what do you guys say?? My tires are fine now, but if I grab a nail there is no way I am going to overpay to wait for a stock Dunnie from my dealer.

Sledzep
Mixing tires is one of those personal choice issues like which oil is best? do you plug a tire? what brand of tire is the best?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ALSO have matching 260 METZ with smaller front Metz :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just wondering....What did the rear tire set you back? I checked with the dealership and the rear oem tire Dunlop runs about $400. Just curious.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Got my Metzler's on Friday. Thanks Hal for the power of suggestion. Just have 100miles on them now and will put more on this weekend for a better riding assessment. The one thing I know now is they are much faster into a turn and give the bike a much lighter steering feel than the Dunnies.

Here's the 260 Metzler on the rear.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Hal, Just asked this question on another post. I am getting ready for a tire change out. Going Metz, the front and rear pictured for your bike are matching I assume? are they available from Directline?

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOW! The 260 is cheaper than the 240. 8)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Hal, can you tell us after all of the miles you been running on the last few days how the Metz compare with the Dunnies that you use on your trip from NY?

·
Registered
20 Posts
LeeDowney said:
Just wondering....What did the rear tire set you back? I checked with the dealership and the rear oem tire Dunlop runs about $400. Just curious.
When I bought the 260 Met. I paid around $325.00 mounted and everything. And that was at my Dealership, which is one of the best I have ever done business with. To bad there in Casper, Wy.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
So i hear the Avon venom has a better handling then the others at high speeds?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
big69 said:
So i hear the Avon venom has a better handling then the others at high speeds?
Just curious, but where are you getting this info?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts