M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well installed my new tire today. Avon cobra 250 , and used dyna beads... took it for a short ride tonight. SMOOTH....didn't go too fast ( run the speedo up to 110.)Very smooth.....:doorag: is cool out and I didn't put on the proper riding gear, was in a hurry to take it for a spin.... didn't do too many twisties but seems to handle well... Will see when I get more confidence in it... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Remember to break it in (scuff it) for a few miles before you really put it to the test! It helps the tire last longer and work better. ;)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As promised better late than never...LOL as u can see is wider thant the licens plate bracket... :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I might try that as my next tire. Several folks around here run them and seem to like them for the handling, thought the mileage seems to be a little less than the Dunlops.

And what do you mean "didn't go fast, only up to 110". :D

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'm currently running the Avon Cobra 250 as well. It is a very smooth tire. Low rolling resistance and rolls in and out of corners very nice. I"ve got about 4000 miles on mine now. I"m trying to see what the mileage differences are between the Avon, MEtzeler and the Dunlop. Unless I get exceptional mileage out of the Avon, I"ll be going back to the Metzeler for sure.

-Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts