M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the call from the dealer...the one who told me he would give me the 250 screamin eagle tire to replace the 240 on my 109 with a nail in it...then said it would be a 240....
The screamen eagle don't fit and he say that Dunlop and Suzuki are both telling him that the only tire that fits this rim is the 240 Suzuki tire made by Dunlop and it is 10 days out....unless I pay 70 bucks to expedite it.....OF COURSE I PAID IT !!!! AND OF COURSE I AM PI$$ED!!!! I cannot believe these A$$40les wouldn't keep spare tires!!!! They sold me and others the bike!!!!
Has anyone else ran into tire problems?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why not just order from online? When I order from onoffroad.com I get my tires in 2 days. Also, SW Moto Tire ships really fast and if you order 2 tires the shipping is free.

On a side note, I'm really glad that I run a 190 out back. I have never been without tire choice in my entire life. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
First off, the dealer doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground if he believes the stock Dunnie 240 is the only tire that fits the 109. That has been more than proven on this site. Next time, order online and take the tire to them to mount.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ummm..you paid 70.00 to expedite tires a few days possibly faster...I got some land in Florida for sale , Did they kiss you first ?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got back from the dealership and had a long sit down with the boys.. My venting here had helped to calm me down a little. The tire is available only from O.E.M. ( originall equipment manufacturer.) The tire they tried to put on was exactly the same dimentions and call-out 240/40R18Â Â with a V speed rating. However the bead sits 1/4 " above the rim after mounting. A little dangerous. The replacement tire is over $500.00 from Suzuki and that, they lie, is why there wasn't any in stock. After the heartache created by this incident, the tire is now in their computerized auto-order system. What good that does me????? None right now, but if I happen to pick up another nail down the road, and no other 109er has a flat, ( they are only ordering one at a time.) I should be able to get my waranteed tire fixed in less than two weeks for free.

No kiss, no mouth wash and I did feel "used"...

oh , and I did do an extensive google search, and the tire IS only available through Suzuki.
Do the METZ fit this rim????? Â

oops, just read your post Medic..... I will do a search here and see the options...Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the Metzler 260 at directline and see the overnight option!!!!

I will vbe ordering this tomorrow from the dealership. Thanks everyone who helped....sometimes the obvious answer is the hardest to see when upset!!!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
WA109 said:
oops, just read your post Medic..... I will do a search here and see the options...Thanks
Dude, tell me you didn't pay $500 for a rear tire.... plus $70 for shipping! If you did, then this is really gonna make you sick...

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3596.0

^^^Gives all the available tire options for the 109. Just remember, you are not obligated to keep that tire when it arrives. You can always get your money back.... less the shipping and handling of course. I would order the Dunnie Elite 3 250 as it's slightly bigger than the Metz ME880 260 when mounted... not to mention cheaper.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am paying nothing for the tire...no matter what it is...it is under the road hazzard and tire damage insurance I bought while purchasing the bike...
 I am going there this A.M. to show them the list of tire options from the other page referenced!!!!! Search is a good thing!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There's a good chance that since the tire is covered under insurance, you will be limited on what tire you can replace it with. You are probably stuck to the stock Dunnie 240.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Dunnie Elite listed as usable is a 250...the tire they tried to put on and wouldn't let me drive out the door with was a Dunnie elite 240.......Does the 250 have different rim dimentions???or did these guys just imagine that the bead was 1/4" above the rim? I really do not trust these guys much any more......any way, Medic...you are , as usual, right as far as the tire warantee and what they are trying to cover...so I told them to put my tire with nail  ( actually a 1/8" drill bit!) in it and I drove it to SCHUCKS and bought the MC tire repair kit for 6 bucks, the stealer wanted 20 for the same thing.... Bought the pressure indicating valve covers and I'm off to the races until my tire gets here Tuesday or Wednesday...I told them I could save them 300.00 by ordering a tire from Direct Line and they were not interested. Even printed out Hals options for this bike and the Direct Line Webpage....not interested.!!!! What does that tell ya?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
tells me that you should make sure everyone you know doesn't do business with that dealer. F'n ridiculous. Post there name here and tell them about all the business they just lost by trying to screw you over.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
WA109 said:
so I told them to put my tire with nail ( actually a 1/8" drill bit!) in it and I drove it to SCHUCKS and bought the MC tire repair kit for 6 bucks, the stealer wanted 20 for the same thing....
Don't know if I would make this a permanent fix. I would be very cautious on a repaired motorcycle tire. I would only drive on one if I had no other alternative. A blowout on a bike can be a bit different than a blowout in a car (just to state the obvious).

Bought the pressure indicating valve covers
Those are notorious for being horribly inaccurate. Don't trust them.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Carrying a pressure gauge in my pocket as well....40 lbs last night and 38 this am before RIDING TO WORK!!!

I am checking regularly....The indicator worked yesterday A.M. when I went out the preere was 30 lbs and the green was gone...So definately not a sure thing, but for 4 bucks, it was worth it.. Hey...I taked my wife into getting a 109. The problem is she loves the Burple color, so I guess I have to give her the Burple and I will have to get the new fastest color.....BLACK!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts