M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
People posting pics that aren't theirs on ebay is exactly why I cover my plate when I take pics of my bike. Just think about it, if that guy would screw somebody over by not sending product after the payment was sent.
Who do you think might be getting a call or a visit from local fuzz, it wouldn't be the guy who was "selling" the part :eek: , all they would have to do is run the plate and then you are involved in something that doesn't even have anything to do with you.

Just keep those plates covered( or unreadable) for peace of mind if nothing else :bigthumbsup: well that was my .02 :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
THANKS FOR THE TIP BONE. AS far as the light goes I am not shure I care for mine. The led lights are very directional, Not shure how visible it is to other bikes or cars for that matter! The weather here is to bad to find out what it looks like when following! But hey I shure looks good on my bike Clear on a silver bike!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The light looks great, but I have two questions -

1. What happens with the license plate after you remove the assembly? Does it require a new plate holder?

2. There appear to be small directionals on the pictured bike. Aren't they obsolete with this taillight?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you remove the lights on the back you do need a new plate holder. Direct line parts have some to choose from. Side mount or rear mount. U can still use other lights as well as the integrated tail light. I had my friend follow me during the day. The lights are visible when turning or stopping. I do not think they are as bright as the factory turn signals. At night they are very visible.

·
Registered
172 Posts
cbxer55 said:
The bike pictured is mine, but the tag is obscured.
It is obscured in the Clear Alternatives website also.
I gave them permission to use the picture.
The signals are the stockers with Clear Alternatives lens, mounted to the reflector bracket.
The license is mounted to homemade brackets with LED button lights for the plate bolts.
I like the light alot. It does seem dimmer in daylight, but at night looks just like stock.
The harness just plugs in to the stock plug.
There are 2 yellow wires hanging free.
You hook these to your turn signals.
This light has trun signal function built in, I just chose to keep the stockers
and have the signals in the tail light work also.

Did you have to saw off the tail section or is there a less permanent way to remove it? In order to run your directionals and the clear alternatives, can you just use the existing wiring or do you have to get adapters? I know you said you just connect the two yellow wires to your signals - If you weren't using your signals, would the yellow wires hang free?

Lots of questions - thanks for the help - Did I mention how sharp your bike looks?

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't know how that happened...oops?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Robert! I love the look - think I'm gonna go with the Kurakyn silver bullets. I appreciate all of your help with this. :bigthumbsup:
I salute you! :beer3:
-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts