M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
normally i'm not a fan of vinyl graphics, I'd just as soon paint it on, but i wanted to do something to fill the space and after i did some of my new shirt designs, i thought this would just look cool in that space. it'll come off when i get ready to paint the whole bike, but for now, it's just fun. My buddy wants one for his VTX now so i'm gonna make another with colors to match his. The text is black reflective, like the graphics on police cars and road signs so it lights up when headlights are on it. Or in this case the camera flash. It really is black metallic but you can see in these pics how much light is reflected, it looks white in one of the photos.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

I'm not a huge fan of the gothic style fonts, too hard to read for my aging eyes, but I like the design and the stripes!

·
Registered
398 Posts
that looks SWEEEET!!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Looks good...I would have liked (faster looking letters) rather than the Harley looking lettering...looks good however !

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually thought first about doing the hooligan one from the shirt or "bad influence" but finally came around to this. I don't think it'd be possible to start doing these custom for people, sorry. :( It's fairly easy for me to design it and have it done for me in our vinyl dept, on the side, but doing alot of them is a whole different thing. Also you would really need to be trained to do vinyl work, to apply it. There are 4 different vinyl colors that have to be layered exactly to pull it off. Even I made some mistakes doing it and i used to do vinyl when I first started out in the sign business. Not for the amateur. it might be possible to get one of my guys to mask them together as one piece, but then you gotta start paying him. it'd end up being $100. You can have a local pinstripe guy do it for that and it'd be real paint.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok...... don't know too many kids with old school gangster tattoo's on their lunchbox....you must live in a bad part o'town. Anyways it just temp till I sand it down and paint.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks Cool ! :bigthumbsup:

I think that part of the bike looks too Empty without graphics and that's why I put my little one on... as per pervious posts!

Yours is much busier and so much more but that's what its all about, individual taste... as the rest of the bike is great as is! :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spankster, i used to live in the woodlands, north of Houston, but I did get down south for some of my work. I know what you mean... :eek:
Bobby, your post is what inspired me to work on it.thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Blk,

That's funny...

Listen I didn't realize you actually made the graphics, :bigthumbsup: You're talented... Just don't care for it on my bike...

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's cool, i know it's not for everybody and it's not really something i would normally choose either, but just got a wild hair this last week.

G

·
So if you happened to make one with the Hooligan on it and wanted to see it on a bike, I could hook you up. I got a nice digital camera and the perfect mix of baby shampoo and water to apply it with. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey, to each their own. After all, that's what customizing a bike is all about... adding your personality to something mass produced. It's a bit much for me, personally. I like the stripes, but the words are not my style. Too hard to read too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts