M109 Riders banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped to the new style headlight bucket with the tach?
I recently put +2" risers with the handlebar clamp mounted tach and I think it's a problem. I cannot see the speedo at all anymore. Thinking the new style bucket is the answer, but looking to see what parts I would need. Is it just the backing or is it the whole bucket different? 20210218_171241.jpg 20210218_171249.jpg 20210218_171303.jpg 20210218_171312.jpg

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
There is a mod in the forum where someone mounted the tach in same bucket as yours.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
The whole bucket is different and the mount is different as well.

There is a mod in the forum where someone mounted the tach in same bucket as yours.

:agree: 100%. I have both Head Light Nacelle versions currently...the original one on my 08' model, and the newer one on my 14' model. They are not interchangeable, as stated by FlyingCircus. From a cost perspective, it would be much, much more cost effective to do the mod that relocates the Tach from the 06' to 09' models into the Head Light Nacelle...and it looks just as nice as the newer models that come equipped with the Tachometer already located in the Head Light Nacelle. Otherwise, there's going to be a ton of cost associated with switching to the new Head Light Nacelle w/Tach...not to mention the cost of having it painted to match your bike.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Has anyone swapped to the new style headlight bucket with the tach?
I recently put +2" risers with the handlebar clamp mounted tach and I think it's a problem. I cannot see the speedo at all anymore. Thinking the new style bucket is the answer, but looking to see what parts I would need. Is it just the backing or is it the whole bucket different? View attachment 390362 View attachment 390364 View attachment 390366 View attachment 390368
Based on the first and third of the four pictures you provided (starting from the left), I was able to clearly see your speedo. I agree, the bottom edge of your new handle bar mounted tach sits very close to your speedo, but it doesn't look to me to be blocking the view...even from the high view you took those pics from. I would think that as you sit down into the seat of the bike, your view would be even better than the view in the pictures. However, I have to believe you're seeing something I can't see from the pics. There's also other style handle bar mounted tachs that won't sit as low as the one you have. That would be a much less costly fix to your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts