·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Those all look real good ! Like I always say just afew more.Gregg

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Squirrel one day I'll be were you are know, like i always say...When i grow up i wanna be just like you.:bigthumbsup:I'll give it to you:bow:

·
Registered
185 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Looks real good bro! I like the grill cover.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey Squirrel one day I'll be were you are know, like i always say...When i grow up i wanna be just like you.:bigthumbsup:I'll give it to you:bow:
Hey you guys are the reason my bike looks the way it dose!It makes me proud to see my products on your guys bikes
and how well they look.The 9 is a great bike to make your own,Gregg

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks great! What's involved in putting those fork covers on?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me tell you , tools ,sweet ,and about 2 1/2 hours, putting everything back together is what takes the longest.If you ever need help let me know..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Do you drop the wheel and put them on with the forks still on the bike or do you have to remove the forks? I saw several bikes at the international meet with the covers and they really looked good.

Nice mods!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Do you drop the wheel and put them on with the forks still on the bike or do you have to remove the forks? I saw several bikes at the international meet with the covers and they really looked good.

Nice mods!:bigthumbsup:
well to start you need the bike on the jack.Secure the bike to the jack and only raise it enough to spin the front wheel.Remove the wheel then the calipers,cover each calipers with a rag or something so they don't scratch the side covers..Carefully remove the fender.Now here's is the easy part loosen the collar nut and remove it,start with one side first loosen the top two bolts and the the bottoms,know slide the fork out.I used the kewl metal fork tubes so they're specific to the top fork and the bottom.Now take the fork and the tube and the rubber Oring it comes with.Spray the lower part of the fork with Wd-40 slide the Oring onto it .Then slide the lower tube into place.Now here's a tip don't pull off the top tree,get a rubber malit and tap the upper tree up just enough to put the top Oring and the fork tube into place. put the collarr nut back on but dont tighten it. Just tighten two of the tree bolts so the fork wont slide out ,do the same to the over side.Now here's the good part start putting on the tire and the calipers once you done that, lower the bike just a little,loosen the bolts on the tree ,lower the bike with the weight of the bike the lower tubes should fall into place. tighten the collar nut to torque specs and the tree bolts as well...It's not that hard ...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks for the info. The covers really make a difference on the bike, looks great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts