M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the new Suzuki leather saddlebags?
I heard that they are available now.
I'm wanting to order some, and just want to hear any and all comments.

·
Registered
133 Posts
New release date for Suzuki leather saddlebags is Sept. 30 to distribution center.  This sucks eggs!  Been waiting since July.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Nester said:
New release date for Suzuki leather saddlebags is Sept. 30 to distribution center. This sucks eggs! Been waiting since July.
And I am SURE that date is cut in stone :a20: :a20:
sorry, but thats they way that everything else has been

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I had leather bags on my Yamaha, which looked good because it had the windshield and sissy bar. I don't think I want permanant bags on the 109. I like it's lines too much. I don't want to hide any of the bike. I bought myself a set of black nylon/cordura throw overs. I also have a Kuyry sissy bar bag that hold alot.

Works out that I can take my bags off when I get to a ride and leave them in the hotel. I like that a lot.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Saddlebags are out :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Just not the mountings :edit: :edit: Was told I should have the mountings this Tuesday. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :joke:

Both of these are taken with the bags just sitting on the exhaust​

·
Registered
133 Posts
RLS,

The Suzuki web site ad shows the saddlebags without the reflector. I see a reflector on your bags. Are the reflectors removeable?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nester, looks like they are put on like a decal. The Boulevard emblem is put on with 3 holes through the leather with a plate on the back side. They have push on nuts holding it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
RSL,

What is your overall impression of the saddlebags?  I ordered them as well and am wondering if I made a good decision?

Is there any info that came with the bags that states how much weight they will support?

·
Registered
568 Posts
5 lbs. ea. is the limit. Oh, also you should keep the speed down to 80 mph!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Since this is my first time getting saddlebags, I really can not say if these are considered good or not. I was not very impressed with them, but really have nothing else to compare to. I was hoping there might be an easy way of opening them, but you got to use the buckles. If you get caught in the rain, I would guess everything in these would get wet. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Bob

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dealer today....new date Sep. 29th for the bags and Oct 3rd for the supports. I will not special order stuff again. JOHN

These are supposed tobe quality items but the photos on this site do not impress me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dealer I purchased my sliver M109R from (on Sept 9) had a set of the soft bags, but no mounting hardware.  The bags appeared reasonable quality, but were small and difficult to open.  The smaller size preserves a little of the bikes tail end lines, but not enough to make me want to have them on permanently.  Pics elsewhere on site show this.  All in all they seemed like a reasonable compromise, but the size and difficulty in removal kept me from purchasing.

Checking other bags and mounting alternatives (for trips and such) I've come to the conclusion (I think) to buy somewhat larger leather bags (but not too large cause of the pipes and simply lay them over the rear seat and tie them down to the passenger strap and to the passenger foot pegs.  This mount allows for a larger bag, that is deeper bag without touching the exhaust.  The chrome pieces on the rear fender hold the bag off the paint as long as the bag has a rigid back side.  Not perfect by any means.  Anyone try this mounting technique?

A number of bags leather and synthetic fit in this fashion and for temporary storage, it doesn't look to bad.  I've found know way to avoid altering the nice lines of the rear tire though putting on bags.

I'll also mention that, again for temporary storage, for a few groceries or packages, an elastic cargo net fixed over the rear seat has worked well.  There are two slots, one on each end of the chrome piece on the fender, down underneath that work well for attaching the bungee hooks, if they are narrow hooks and the chrome piece again keeps the elastic net material off the paint. 

Sorry for the long post and no pics, particularly if this is old news -- I've not seen it posted, but I'm pretty new.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i think at 135 mph they might come off :D :doorag:take's away from the aero dinamics,just get a cargo net. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts