M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the sissy bar that's in the newest J&P "Metric" cycle catalog. They call it a "Mini" and say's it for the M109R. I was wondering if anyone purchased it. They show a small picture off the bike. If so post a picture. Trying to get a sissy bar before our local "Bikers for Babies" ride to keep the wife on board, and a tad more comfy.

Wacky

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wacky174 said:
Did anyone see the sissy bar that's in the newest J&P "Metric" cycle catalog. They call it a "Mini" and say's it for the M109R. I was wondering if anyone purchased it. They show a small picture off the bike. If so post a picture. Trying to get a sissy bar before our local "Bikers for Babies" ride to keep the wife on board, and a tad more comfy.

Wacky
give Hal a call and he can probably get the info for you. I have had several of the cobra bars that I got from him but cobra doesn't do a good job of showing the bar for different bikes. They usually take one picture and us it for every bike they make the bar for.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Doesn't look like it's detachable. Imagine having that thing with the pillion off and the sissy bar just there by itself like a big stupid sore thumb. El-YUCK-o. I'll pass.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Wanted said:
Doesn't look like it's detachable. Imagine having that thing with the pillion off and the sissy bar just there by itself like a big stupid sore thumb. El-YUCK-o. I'll pass.
I'm with you. It looks like the bike has a hard on. :a20:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wanted said:
I agree!! I want something like aussie109 has! It is attached to the rear seat and so is Very detachable!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I agree as well. I'm sure that in a few months the after-market companies will have flooded the land with great bolt on's.....

Wacky

·
Registered
145 Posts
Personally, I don`t think sissy bars go with the looks of this bike style or crotch rockets (has anybody ever seen a crotch rocket with a sissy bar?). The M109r is not one of the traditional off the mill cruisers we are used to see. It is different and that`s the beauty of it. I didn`t have a sissy bar on my Shadow, where it would have been OK to have one, and I sure won`t have one now on the `109. And think about it, they probably call them "sissy" bars instead of "back rest" for a reason. I just leave them to my H-D riding buddies. Again, this is my personal opinion. ::)

·
Registered
817 Posts
M109Rican said:
Personally, I don`t think sissy bars go with the looks of this bike style or crotch rockets (has anybody ever seen a crotch rocket with a sissy bar?).  The M109r is not one of the traditional off the mill cruisers we are used to see. It is different and that`s the beauty of it. I didn`t have a sissy bar on my Shadow, where it would have been OK to have one, and I sure won`t have one now on the `109. And think about it, they probably call them "sissy" bars instead of "back rest" for a reason. I just leave them to my H-D riding buddies. Again, this is my personal opinion. ::)
A lot of times, this isn't a choice if you expect to keep the peace, if ya know what I'm sayin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts