M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was holding off on showing this until I got the bolts but they are on backorder. The mounting bolt shown in the picture is just so I could take the photo. The final bolt included with the kit will be a socket head bolt that fits in the aluminum mount.

And you can't get any closer to the wheel without obscuring the tag.

These are going to be priced to sell. I don't have the final numbers yet but they will be the cheapest out there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Nice job there Hal! Do they all come with a picture of you in it ;) Any chance you guys will make the curve ones also?

·
Registered
665 Posts
How about one with a little tab on top to mount a light? :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The curved version requires a lot more machine work which equals a much higher price. The goal of the flat version is to keep the cost down. For lights I will include a small clear light that can mount to the top of the light.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Does it come with a holographic Hal image as shown? :joke:

Nice mount, nice price explanation :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hal,
Can I assume these won't be chromed either? Just plain stainless steel on the arm and polished stainless steel on the backing plate? I realize chroming it would add to the cost a bit but I don't think I would put one on that wasn't chromed. Just my 2 cents worth. ;) :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hal, put me down for one. Didn't see it at the shop. You must be going to list it once you get the bolts. I'll keep checking back. BTW, I already have a bolt that'll fit. 16mm oil drain plug.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hal,have you thought of fabricating a set of brackets,or tabs that will attach, to the mounts where the rear side reflectors were, for relocating the rear turn signals?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
J R said:
Nothing to do with the price at all I like that one.I liked it the first time it was posted in another thread :bigthumbsup: All tho I have to admit I like the kewlmetal one also..Man have to decide which one now hmmmm...Both are sweet. :bigthumbsup:
JR: We should treat Side Mounts like underwear.....change them everyday :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: If you do indirect lighting from the wheel well you can simply remove one bolt, put a different mount on and presto" you've got a new look for a day or so" :D :D :D :D....you'll really be able to keep the competition guessing :D :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
The curved version requires a lot more machine work which equals a much higher price. The goal of the flat version is to keep the cost down. For lights I will include a small clear light that can mount to the top of the light.
So you are saying that you are not going to make a curved version at all?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bob109 said:
JR: We should treat Side Mounts like underwear.....change them everyday :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: If you do indirect lighting from the wheel well you can simply remove one bolt, put a different mount on and presto" you've got a new look for a day or so" :D :D :D :D....you'll really be able to keep the competition guessing :D :D
JR,

I actually agree with you. But would it be men's underwear or ladies underwear?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WINGYS109 said:
So you are saying that you are not going to make a curved version at all?
We have a curved one already made by someone else. Just need to finish the mount. But it is chrome billet and the price is a whole lot more.

Like this:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts