M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently pulled the trigger on a new Corbin Seat. can't wait for it. of course i live in NW Montana, so i can't ride til March/April. but my old seat, which is in great shape( bike has less than 4k miles) will be up for grabs. don't want anything for it. and I'll ship it free. i work at fedex so i get a great discount.
keep in mind, the seat won't have the mounting bracket as you transfer it to the new seat. the Corbin seat(to my knowledge) does not come with it.
other than that, it's free to a good home.

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just PM me your addr. ill get it out this week some time.
it wont have the mounting bracket like i mentioned. i have to transfer it to my new seat.

·
Registered
496 Posts
just recently pulled the trigger on a new Corbin Seat. can't wait for it. of course i live in NW Montana, so i can't ride til March/April. but my old seat, which is in great shape( bike has less than 4k miles) will be up for grabs. don't want anything for it. and I'll ship it free. i work at fedex so i get a great discount.
keep in mind, the seat won't have the mounting bracket as you transfer it to the new seat. the Corbin seat(to my knowledge) does not come with it.
other than that, it's free to a good home.
Don't sell it. Keep it. You may not like your Corbin seat (I didn't like mine and sold it) and want to go back to stock. Also, there are seat manufacturers out there that will modify the base of your OEM seat to upgraded custom seats that I've found beat Corbin any day, like Seth Laam's Lams seat or a Russels seat.

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't sell it. Keep it. You may not like your Corbin seat (I didn't like mine and sold it) and want to go back to stock. Also, there are seat manufacturers out there that will modify the base of your OEM seat to upgraded custom seats that I've found beat Corbin any day, like Seth Laam's Lams seat or a Russels seat.
Just got it. it's super sweet. way better than OEM. Granted i can't test it out for 3 months where i live. but it's great
Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
seems like a good choice. feel like I made every other mod I wanted to for the bike. seat was the last thing. I get bored in the winter(bout 5 months here). gotta do something. and I like the leather I went with. it's the faux ostrich pattern. all black, no welts, red logo stitch as my bike is black/red.

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I mentioned in another thread, I had to trim the extended tank bezel I got last year back bout an inch. new seat extends farther forward than the OEM one.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
thanks again for the ECU flash. one of the many mods I made last winter/spring. really woke her up. mine was the one with the address confusion with the fedex guy.
Fedex driver here is a 50/50 shot that the package will make it to the right address for some reason. (USPS & UPS have no issue delivering to the right address though)
At least when Fedex gets it wrong we know where to find it.......its was not our first Rodeo with Fedex delivering to the wrong address.

BCS
LGB/FJB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts