M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are into modular helmets, you know the C3 Pro from Schuberth is the top of the line. I've always wanted one but they are not cheap! Searching on eBay I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCHUBER..._Merchandise&var=&hash=item19fb89b7b7&vxp=mtr
One could save about $160.00. Is this too good to be true? What are this risks of buying from the UK besides the possibility of having to return it for warranty, defect etc. given you know your size? Would you do it?

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't spend this kind of money on a helmet. I'm sure it's nice but I'll never know.

·
Registered
906 Posts
That Price is good and it Seems to be from a legit seller.
The Schuberth helmets are worth the money. I've had my S1 pro for 6 years now and it's been great and looking to get another. That said I'd still buy locally if possible so I've got a face to bollock if there is an issue. If you do go for it, try one on first to find your size. It doesn't matter which model you try as the sizing is the same across all the models. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my portable microwave emitter

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Ouch!!!
Im heading to Paris in may. Got a list of shops to visit from the guy's on the France forum. HJC has some really nice color schemes that are not sold in the USA. Wanna see how the shops are over there. Many pics to come.

Or

·
Registered
108 Posts
i tried one these on (Schuberth), and i live in Calgary, and most of the time in the evenings your are cold, except for some super hot days. also my eyes water real easy when getting a lot of air movement from under the chin, putting on this helmet felt like a space helmet, it was the most comfortable kit i ever tried. if you can get one the right size you will never hate this helmet ever.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My Shoei X11 was around 700 and then I added another 160 on a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth. Not a single complaint from me. I used to like modular lids but after having the last two latches break on them where I would no longer lift them up, sealed the deal for me with no more modular lids.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Well I'd say I would, I all ways wear A full face! And have never had a warrany issue with any helmet. Then again I, like you have also bought high end helmets. Yet some would say my head ain't worth $600:joke:. The only thing I see is this one flips and hinges, where there maybe a issue. Yet it's a high end unit, and I'd ask to see what there shipping policy. Besides there warranty, on something defective first! You know trust BUT verify.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Some 9; From the big list of all your mods, it seems you could easily afford one. Just sayin' :dontknow:

Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ Swampworks 2 Piece Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/Knight Rider LED/Raw Design LED Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Arnott Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I'm sorry but I can't spend this kind of money on a helmet. I'm sure it's nice but I'll never know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't advise you on weather or not to buy the one on eBay, but I can say I'm very happy with my C3. All helmets are loud, some are just not as loud as others. Even though the C3 is rated one of the quietest modular helmets, I still wear hearing protection on the freeway. You won't be disappointed if you go with the C3.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The biggest issue I see is if you have to return it for any reason you might end up paying a hefty price in shipping it back. Not only will the seller expect for you to pay the shipping cost, you will also have to cover the taxes or "duties" which will add to your price. Having just returned recently from Europe, I know that those charges can be high. Just imagine having to pay 20% in taxes upon return and add to the fact that you will be paying in British Pounds which is about the highest currency out there. At £65 (pounds) in taxes, which is not too far fetch, you are already at $100. Now, if you think you will not have an issue with it, I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Some 9; From the big list of all your mods, it seems you could easily afford one. Just sayin' :dontknow:

Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ Swampworks 2 Piece Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/Knight Rider LED/Raw Design LED Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Arnott Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.
Yeah, didn't say I couldn't just that I wouldn't. Most of my helmets are low end modular except for the bell I just brought. An approved dot good enough for me. For me to pay that kind of money for a helmet it must be flawless on my head in every way.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks like a nice helmet.
An alternative would be Nolan. The N104. I have a N102 and N103 and love them.

I am actually looking at the Nolan N44. Very large visor area and the chin is removable....quasi modular, sort of.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I bought my Schuberth C3 from revzilla. Never ever regretted it. Fantastic helmet, worth every cent.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I would not buy a helmet without trying it on, if you are paying a lot of money I would not buy one from another country.If you have a problem you will regret it.just my opinion.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like a nice helmet.
An alternative would be Nolan. The N104. I have a N102 and N103 and love them.

I am actually looking at the Nolan N44. Very large visor area and the chin is removable....quasi modular, sort of.
Thanks. My current hat is the N104. One of the padding retainers came unglued from the inner shell. I tried everything to reattach it but once the factory glue lets loose your kind of done. The microphone on my N-Com B4 has become sloppy at its mounting point.
IMO the quality of the Nolan is sub-par comparing it to the Shoei Neotec or Schuberth C3 Pro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts