M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 9ners! Im rockn stock rubber now.Daddys about too cop a new pair of shoes. Any suggestion on rubber that looks sexy and good mileage... holla :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
search dunlop elite 3 and metzler me880. That is what 95% of the 109's run that I have seen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i will look in to that!!:doorag:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
one question. doesnt the 160 make it a little harder to turn when standing or slow?
I still have a 130 E3 on the front of my 9, but I plan on going to the Metz 160 when my current one wears out. From everything I have read is that the 160 makes it a little more neutral in the corners. I haven't read about ANYONE saying that they regretted putting the 160 Metz on the front. It might wear a little more quickly than the E3 but the difference looks to be negligable.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I still have a 130 E3 on the front of my 9, but I plan on going to the Metz 160 when my current one wears out. From everything I have read is that the 160 makes it a little more neutral in the corners. I haven't read about ANYONE saying that they regretted putting the 160 Metz on the front. It might wear a little more quickly than the E3 but the difference looks to be negligable.
hey JD, you're definitely always quick on the draw. Thanks . Was worried about that. And it definitely will make the bike look better. Any suggestions as to where there is a good buy. already ordered the rear dunlop form the site ey3less recommended.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
hey JD, you're definitely always quick on the draw. Thanks . Was worried about that. And it definitely will make the bike look better. Any suggestions as to where there is a good buy. already ordered the rear dunlop form the site ey3less recommended.
DLP, jake wilson, and motorcycle superstore are all comparable on their prices (around 190). I think the biggest thing for you would be to find who will ship to central America the cheapest.

And here is another option (I haven't heard about them before)

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/metzeler/metzeler_me_880.htm

and here is the cheapest I found no free shipping but it is still cheaper for US shipment.

http://www.sporttour.com/tires/metzeler-me880-marathon.htm

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You will notice it at first. Different when slow but the only thing I really noticed was it wants to stand up faster in the corners . I will get another one after this one . rides Much better . and yes mount it backwards . (per Metzler)

·
Registered
766 Posts
You will notice it at first. Different when slow but the only thing I really noticed was it wants to stand up faster in the corners . I will get another one after this one . rides Much better . and yes mount it backwards . (per Metzler)
Mount it backwards??? How is that? Is it because they are not designed to be front tires or what?

DLP, jake wilson, and motorcycle superstore are all comparable on their prices (around 190). I think the biggest thing for you would be to find who will ship to central America the cheapest.

And here is another option (I haven't heard about them before)

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/metzeler/metzeler_me_880.htm

and here is the cheapest I found no free shipping but it is still cheaper for US shipment.

http://www.sporttour.com/tires/metzeler-me880-marathon.htm[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot JD!!!. I have no problem with delivery. I get everything shipped to Tampa and the they ship door to door to me. Arrives within three days. And by the way, know personally Chuck Norris. Took his blackbelt training course in 1979 in Huntington, WVa. Great *ss kicker.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Mount it backwards??? How is that? Is it because they are not designed to be front tires or what?

Thanks a lot JD!!!. I have no problem with delivery. I get everything shipped to Tampa and the they ship door to door to me. Arrives within three days. And by the way, know personally Chuck Norris. Took his blackbelt training course in 1979 in Huntington, WVa. Great *ss kicker.
You need to mount the 160 metz backwards because that tire is designed for a rear fitment. There are several threads about this and the stress put on a tire made for the rear is different than the front due to the torque applied to it. Metzler recommends to run it backwards and that is what the guys with experience on this forum do, so when I get mine that is what I will do.
I guess you never had to take a hit from Chuck or you wouldn't be around now to tell the story of attending his course.

Chuck Norris is 1/8 cherokee, but not by birth................ the man ate a friggin' Indian

·
Registered
766 Posts
I guess you never had to take a hit from Chuck or you wouldn't be around now to tell the story of attending his course.

Chuck Norris is 1/8 cherokee, but not by birth................ the man ate a friggin' Indian[/QUOTE]
didnt know that.about the indian.As a matter of fact the man could kick you several times without putting his foot down. drove us crazy when light sparring with him. When i get home I'll send you a picture. But definitely he could kick...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Hey 9ners! Im rockn stock rubber now.Daddys about too cop a new pair of shoes. Any suggestion on rubber that looks sexy and good mileage... holla :dontknow:
if you want the v or w rating check out the shinko 005 stock size.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Rockymountain Motorcyle has E3 250's for 138.99 + Free shipping Currently, just ordered one this morning. Check there website.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just switched from the dunnie EIII 250 to a metz 260. They both ride good but if you like to corner hard and get off the line quick the metz is hands down a better tire. So if you're just cruisin the dunnie is good and cheap but if you ride it hard the metz is well worth the extra $$$$.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts