M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally cut the rear end, made myself a bracket and re-used the original lights. I used the three LED method to light the plate. It all worked out quite good I think. If anyone wonders what is written under the plate it says "It's UNFKNBELIEVABLE" which pretty well sums up the M109R. The only other mods on this bike so far is it is debadged, 2 inch Kewl risers, painted the engine cover black but that will soon be replaced with a 109CIÂ cover. I have a Brakeaway cruise on its way from the USA and I will eventually put on Thunder Air intakes or a variation there of.

Col
Hoppers Crossing
Australia

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barakus said:
Nice job bro :bigthumbsup: ....witch intakes are you talking about from USA?
I like the look of the Thunder Tornado but am worried about riding it in the rain and sucking in water. I see they have a chrome cover for the filter to overcome the rain. I will probably make something up from parts from the local Auto store. They have the polished elbows and larger filters which look good but the rain problem is still there with that idea. Two hyperchargers might also be the go but I don't think they make a left side as yet. The butterflies add a bit of extra gimick to the hot rod look. I will keep spying on what others come up with before I really decide. We are a bit limited with what is available here in Oz. I look with envious eyes at what USA and Germany has for bikes. We don't have the big market or population in this country for much custom bike stuff and if it is here the price they ask is beyond a joke. I usually get most of my stuff for bikes from ebay.

Col

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that's a very cool picture by the way. the way the light is hitting the bike, it almost makes it look 2-tone

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Really like the look Col :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

I was out for a ride with Johnno yesterday and over a :beer3: and pizza I was telling him I'm thinking of doing something similar. So many options :D It was really 8) to finally get out with another 9. As Johnno said it was like watching a video of your bike in the mirror and when I was behind it was 8) to watch the Rsend and see him cornering the 9. Got an awesome display of sparks :hot: :hot:

I'm with you on the Hyperchargers too :bigthumbsup: but the budget probably lends more to checking out the local auto parts catalogues. You're so right about the local market and prices :edit: but I suppose it makes us research this site more and see what we can come up with :tools:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phaed said:
that's a very cool picture by the way. the way the light is hitting the bike, it almost makes it look 2-tone
Thanks. I was just reading your mods at the bottom of your post and you have the JSD3M. Is that worth doing and do you get any real benefits?

Col

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mustaffa69 said:
Really like the look Col :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

I was out for a ride with Johnno yesterday and over a :beer3: and pizza I was telling him I'm thinking of doing something similar. So many options :D It was really 8) to finally get out with another 9. As Johnno said it was like watching a video of your bike in the mirror and when I was behind it was 8) to watch the Rsend and see him cornering the 9. Got an awesome display of sparks :hot: :hot:

I'm with you on the Hyperchargers too :bigthumbsup: but the budget probably lends more to checking out the local auto parts catalogues. You're so right about the local market and prices :edit: but I suppose it makes us research this site more and see what we can come up with :tools:
I used to have a Buell X1 Lightning. I fitted a Hypercharger to that. It never gave me any power increase but looked the part. I got it from ebay in the USA and adapted it to suit with Sportster bits and made a catchcan for the crankcase breather. I suppose we could buy any Hypercharger for any sort of bike and adapt them to fit. The only problem is the large slot on the bottom would have to be filled for the left side. A chrome cover strip could be made to fit both. One covering the slot on the left and decoration on the right. It would look ok if done properly.

Col

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Col said:
I used to have a Buell X1 Lightning. I fitted a Hypercharger to that. It never gave me any power increase but looked the part. I got it from ebay in the USA and adapted it to suit with Sportster bits and made a catchcan for the crankcase breather. I suppose we could buy any Hypercharger for any sort of bike and adapt them to fit. The only problem is the large slot on the bottom would have to be filled for the left side. A chrome cover strip could be made to fit both. One covering the slot on the left and decoration on the right. It would look ok if done properly.

Col
That would've looked cool on the Buell :bigthumbsup:
I have had similar thoughts. I seem to remember seeing a pic of one on this site. I'll have to keep a look out on ebay. A mate of mine's in the auto parts trade so I was gonna check out what's on offer. I can imagine the genuine Hypercharger's gonna be REAL :edit: expensive :dontknow: and who know's when they'll be available. From all the talk about air mods, I would expect an improvement from them on the 9.

Back to the Rsend, I don't know exactly which way to go. I'm tossing up a similar look to your yours or if we can do the side mount option in Oz? Might go the LED strips? I think I need to do a trip to the RTA. Don't wanna attract any extra attention from the :cop: :cop:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Shogun I just clicked on your banner :bigthumbsup: of course I went strait to the gallery :D Its nice to know Germany has the bug just as bad as we do here in the US. Question: if you are indeed from Germany what's the "M" like on the Autobahn?

Walt

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
hey shogun, i went to your forum and went threw the gallery I love the picture of the 3 silver Ms all lined up that is a great picture. It's great to see the love of the m spreading around the world. I wonder if a person could rent an M if we were to come out your way, wow that would be the best to ride threw Germany on the M. the Hubby loves all that old war history stuff there as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shogun said:
Looks good :bigthumbsup:
Thanks mate. I had a look at your site and the gallery section. Those number plates on your bikes in Germany are HUGE. It's a shame I cannot read German because there would be some very good information there I am sure.

Ride safe (but fast)
Col
Australia

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Col said:
I finally cut the rear end, made myself a bracket and re-used the original lights. I used the three LED method to light the plate. It all worked out quite good I think. If anyone wonders what is written under the plate it says "It's UNFKNBELIEVABLE" which pretty well sums up the M109R. The only other mods on this bike so far is it is debadged, 2 inch Kewl risers, painted the engine cover black but that will soon be replaced with a 109CI cover. I have a Brakeaway cruise on its way from the USA and I will eventually put on Thunder Air intakes or a variation there of.

Col
Hoppers Crossing
Australia
Looks Great Col
I am in the process of doing air pods I got 2 1/2 inch manderal bent s/steel muffler elbows only cost $24 each, cheaper than auto shop.Mounting
some pods(cheapies so far K&n's will come if successful) and brackets Very cheap mod will post pics when done
Ozzy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ozzy 109 said:
Looks Great Col
I am in the process of doing air pods I got 2 1/2 inch manderal bent s/steel muffler elbows only cost $24 each, cheaper than auto shop.Mounting
some pods(cheapies so far K&n's will come if successful) and brackets Very cheap mod will post pics when done
Ozzy
Ozzy

Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Col

1 - 15 of 15 Posts