M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took of work early on Friday and Hit the Blue Ridge Parkway due to sweet weather. Drove about 35-40 miles on the BRP up to the Peaks of Otter without so much as seeing a squirrel. Got to the Peaks, stretched my legs and turned around. About a mile south of there I was in a hard left hander when I spot, not a suirrel, not a rabbit, not a oppossum, not even a deer, but one helluva huge black bear in my lane. On coming Honda CRV blocked my Left option and the drop off to the right made me think twice. Locked it up and managed to stay on bike. The bear walked off the right shoulder as is nothing had happened. The guy in the cage pulls up and asks if I was OK. Aside from having to remove my jeans and the seat from my nether regions....yeah I was ok. Rest of trip home was much slower.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
rofl. glad you are alright man. squirrels/rabbits/deer don't eat people after they fall off their bikes.

·
Registered
924 Posts
:eek:   Good job on leashing the beast because it got scared of the cage.  Glad your ok.  :bigthumbsup:   Watch out for them DAM 4 wheelers. 

·
Registered
890 Posts
phaed said:
rofl. glad you are alright man. squirrels/rabbits/deer don't eat people after they fall off their bikes.
+1...ROFLMAO snort!

Glad you're ok...thanks for posting :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have come across 3 different bears while driving around here in the last couple of years, never on a bike however. Just don't get between them and either their offspring or food and you should be fine. Glad you made it out without incident... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
The only time ive run into a black bear was on my Honda 450CC ATV.. Good thing it ran out the way or it would of been squished big time. I was on a trail and it ran into the middle of the trail, then back into the forest again. Those ATV's are not to be messed with if you are standing in the middle of the trail :evil:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad you're OK ! :bigthumbsup:
I rode the BRP at the Peaks of Otter first week of October this year.
Awesome ride ! :doorag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts