M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good links to buy chrome wheels for our bikes?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hal,
Will you have any ideas about how much weight savings we may get from the new rims? Lighter wheels are a nice way to get an all around performance increase.
Thanks

G

·
PhreakShow said:
Hal,
Will you have any ideas about how much weight savings we may get from the new rims? Lighter wheels are a nice way to get an all around performance increase.
Thanks
No idea yet. But factory style wheels that are cast will sometimes have open cavities that can make them light. Billet style wheels are usually solid so any weight savings is unknown until we weigh the wheels.

G

·
My dealer said he could get both stock rims chromed for $500. I would have to take rims off and deliver to to them. Have to figure out how to support the bike while the wheels are out for plating. Price includes them taking off/re-mounting tires and cleaning up chrome around hub, bearings etc. They showed me some they had done for other bikes and they looked good. I have to find out what kind of warranty on the plating I would get.

Winter project!

Rob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Where are you located? I spoke with the service department at Cernic's Suzuki in John stown, PA and was quoted $2000.00 for front and back! Needless to say it aint gonna happen!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree with eaglefan67 . the going rate here in Dallas seems to be $500 - $800 .

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey rwilli, I live by Cernics but I am taking mine to Myeres Performance to get cromed for about $525. Shoot me a e-mail if you live by Johnstown and maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts