M109 Rider Forums banner

New Rider - How do I know if I have this oil problem?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Brawler 
#1 ·
I was curious, if I am riding this bike around 10 miles at a time, as I am a new rider, getting used to it, taking it out for around 30 minutes or so at a time... is this hard enough riding to experience this oil overflow problem, or do I need to ride it harder, to have it happen?

I park in the garage each night, and have yet to see any oil dripping onto the ground, so assume mine is fine, but then again, I have not gotten it over 3000, so not sure if that is why or not...

Just curious :)

#5 ·
ppridgen1 said:
check the oil after riding it at least 15 minutes( and letting it rest for three shut down) then stand her up and unscrew it,wipe it,and stick it in to the threads but don't screw it in......good luck ....and no not all have this problem,just the ones seviced by incompetent , inept, undertrained sevice depts.....good luck and happy riding new bro :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :welcome:
Thanks man! I am enjoying riding and the freedom it brings...

45 on a bike, is awesome... 55 is even crazier feeling...

One of these days, I'll be like JR and doing 150, but not for quite some time ;)

I'm happy crusiing at 45, to be honest :)

#7 ·
I agree .... I take 3rd gear to 90!!! 135 top end so far and she's still picking up! G-force w/ an open face helmet is cool :evil:

#8 ·
Hey big guy try this it really shows the brute power of this machine. Get out on some open road and take your 9 up to say a 40 mph roll. Now you should be in 4th gear, when your ready double clutch this monster and quickly ds into 2nd while twisting the grip and hold the f on. I did this on accident one evening and now I'm friggin hooked. If your up far enough on the front end you should be able to stripe the pavement. I will be ready for a new 260 rear by August as I have been practicing my launching technique. I find (correct me if I am wrong JR) that the 9 pulls pretty good to the left most of the time while producing copious amounts of tire smoke.

#9 ·
dropping from 4th to 2nd at 40mph ........ gonna try that out. I love working through the gears and pushing top end. Burn outs are new to me but I'm starting to practice them (with no one around 1st). Pulling wheelies like JR .... I'll need to go to school for that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.