M109 Rider Forums banner

New Ride Video in Valley of Fire using GoPro HD

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  mooremj 
#1 ·
I have a new ride video up on YouTube of the Valley of Fire. In this one, I used the left turn signal to mount the GoPro HD camera. This mount has the least amount of vibration of any place on the bike I have tried so far.

I am looking for something like a gyroscope to help steady the camera. (I have the Tripod mount attachmen) I would love it if the camera would float and the shots would have no vibration. So any ideas?

#2 ·
I have to say, even without a gyroscope, that camera take some outstanding quality videos, even if an M109R wasn't present in nome of the shots. The scenery was also fantastic. The music could have been better--way better.

#8 ·
I thought the video qulaity was great! That music insulted my ears though. Really, really, genuinely awful music. I guess I am saying I didn't like the music. Cool vid with the sound off though.....cuz I didn't really like the music choice.....:joke:

#13 ·
Music

I thought the video qulaity was great! That music insulted my ears though. Really, really, genuinely awful music. I guess I am saying I didn't like the music. Cool vid with the sound off though.....cuz I didn't really like the music choice.....:joke:
The music was an original for which I could get the rights to use from the artist. I just do not need RCA or whoever that is who goes after copyright infringements coming after me for some background music... I like Rick's music and just do not need the copyright headache.

Thus, if someone uses my video without permission, I can also go after them with full force knowing everything in it is originally sourced.

#9 ·
I really liked the scenery in that video, there is absolutely nothing like that where I live...almost like seeing another world!!

Are there any speed traps on roads like that? I'd want to do all those curves at 75mph!

#10 ·
Great Views! I wish I had riding like that around me

Which mount did you use to mount it to your turn signal? I tried using my handlebar/ seatpost mount on the left turn signal, and it was way too bumpy for the video. So far, the helmet mount is best for me. My suction cup mount should be here on tuesday, I will try that for some different angles.

#11 ·
Mount

Great Views! I wish I had riding like that around me

Which mount did you use to mount it to your turn signal? I tried using my handlebar/ seatpost mount on the left turn signal, and it was way too bumpy for the video. So far, the helmet mount is best for me. My suction cup mount should be here on tuesday, I will try that for some different angles.
I am using the seatpost mount. I have it set far left, right next to the turn signal housing. Actually, I am impressed with how little vibration there was at this location.

I might try the helmet mount, using my old helmet. I just have an issue putting a strong adhesive on my new Shark helmet... Though I would love to get shots from that viewpoint.

#14 · (Edited)
Ok heres a little secret (shhhhhhhhhhh).

Get this mount http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=16 and wear it as high as you can.

And these http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=18

Clip this extra high mount to the strap first (pic. 1)

Then add this extension (pic. 2) to the camera and postion it vertically for maximum height & connect the two.

It will locate the camera just a few inches under your chin and you'll get a birdseye view of the road with NO VIBRATION & no helmet mount for all you guys paranoid about putting it up there.

Great video BTW!!!! Thanks for sharing it! I need to get the HD model now, thats all there is to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.