M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there from Eustis Florida. Sold my c50 this week and waiting for my new red "9'r" to come into ARS in Okeechobee. Should be in this week or next (so they say) and as you can imagine, I'm climbing the walls waiting. Does anyone know of someone in the area that does decent paint work "cheap"? I'm thinking of something simple like a fat white pearl strip on my existing red (similar to the limited edition look). Great site LOADED with info. Keep the posts coming so I have something to read until mine comes in :read:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Welcome to the world of the 109....if your gonna spend 12k on a bike , don't put a "cheap" paint job on it, as you know you get what you pay for , I have seen people paint thier bikes and going with inexpensive jobs.... they had paint runs , dirt in the paint and orange peel effect , save your money and do it right.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been around long enough to know that. By putting "cheap" in "quotes", I meant relatively speaking, as in, "I don't need an artists mural that wraps the bike with real flames, etc." , "just" a white strip (I know, I know). Anyhow, if anyone knows of someone local (central Florida), lemme know. Thanks!!

G

·
Bullwhip said:
Been around long enough to know that. By putting "cheap" in "quotes", I meant relatively speaking, as in, "I don't need an artists mural that wraps the bike with real flames, etc." , "just" a white strip (I know, I know). Anyhow, if anyone knows of someone local (central Florida), lemme know. Thanks!!
First of all :welcome:

Second, VTXOAK (member of this board) lives in Tamap or Clearwater I believe and does fantastic work... contact him...
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bullwhip said:
Hey there from Eustis Florida. Sold my c50 this week and waiting for my new red "9'r" to come into ARS in Okeechobee. Should be in this week or next (so they say) and as you can imagine, I'm climbing the walls waiting. Does anyone know of someone in the area that does decent paint work "cheap"? I'm thinking of something simple like a fat white pearl strip on my existing red (similar to the limited edition look). Great site LOADED with info. Keep the posts coming so I have something to read until mine comes in :read:
:welcome: I soon will be buying a 109 and wondering what kind of price you got down there? Heard they are worth the drive but I would need to save enough that it's worth not buying from a local dealer to fix any problems there may be. Live in Tampa area and any help or thoughts on these guys would be appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Local stealer said he's selling for list price plus prep, tax, title, etc.etc. (well over $13,500 out the door ::) ) 'cause they're sooo hot. ARS is getting me out the door at $11947(yes, that includes tax, tag and title :bigthumbsup: ), so the 2 hour trip is well worth it for me, and the ride back should be a great way to get to know my bike. Now, bear in mind I haven't actually received mine yet, but they called today and said my red 9'er should be there Friday and I should be riding by Saturday :doorag:. I'll update this weekend, hopefully with a big smile on my face :p !! BTW, black and white are in stock now....

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Bullwhip said:
Local stealer said he's selling for list price plus prep, tax, title, etc.etc. (well over $13,500 out the door ::) ) 'cause they're sooo hot. ARS is getting me out the door at $11947(yes, that includes tax, tag and title :bigthumbsup: ), so the 2 hour trip is well worth it for me, and the ride back should be a great way to get to know my bike. Now, bear in mind I haven't actually received mine yet, but they called today and said my red 9'er should be there Friday and I should be riding by Saturday :doorag:. I'll update this weekend, hopefully with a big smile on my face :p !! BTW, black and white are in stock now....
We are right down the road in Apopka, I bought my Black 2007 at ARS for the same price October 5th, great place :bigthumbsup:

We ride with about 4 bikes every other weekend, PM me when you get your 109. And you know Leesburg has a great bikefest in April.

Apollo

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hope the bike comes in when promised. You'll feel like a kid whose mom just took his favorite toy away from him if it isn't there for you to ride on Sat. Good Luck!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally, <drum roll please> I GOT IT. Went to ARS Saturday, and they were perfect. Discounted price as advertised, no upsell, very nice people (funny, the only bad things you hear about them are from other dealers?)....highly recommended.
Took a 3 hour ride home, thru Orlando, stopped at the wing house, and all I can say is !!!WOW!!! I got black (was getting red, but thought black would give me more color options for led's) and spent Sunday de-badging and polishing her.
Thanks to everyone on this forum, both for the warm welcomes and the info to make the right decision.
Cheers..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Mark, Brian, and I are in Apopka and are all on BLack nines.

Lets get together and go to Porkies one Thursday night for bike night and blow peoples minds.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome :bigthumbsup: :welcome:... i see you like to go fast, black was a great choice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts