M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just purchased the M109 and will take delivery hopefully tommorrow! :bigthumbsup:
Now, I have a question. Aside from the overfilling at the dealer, what else shuld I look for no matter how small. I want to keep this bike a few years and the last thing I want is another money pit :eek:. Thanks for your help.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Congratulations and wellcome to the forum.  The oil is the huge issue, but I believe some people have had tire inflation issues as well.  The is a thread named something like pre-delivery checklist.  Plus I would hope by now Suzuki has put out several bulletins on any problems.  I would just check it head to toe just to make sure.  Try not to eat to many bugs and be safe.  :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Before you close your deal see if the salesman will throw in a free spanner wrench for you!!!! Least he can do to keep a customer happy!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
welcome and congrats! check the oil.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I almost bought a vrod! When i took it out for a ride, I did not like the way it felt. It's hard to explain but it just did not feel "right". I tested a VTX, Softail, and a Vulcan. All of them just did not feel right. Then I rode the 109, all I can say is :eek:
It has the speed and power like a vmax, and confort to fit. Hope she runs like this for as long as I own her. Be picking her up today in the afternoon, and I'll probably be putting bout 100 miles or so before I get home. Whats the average mileage you all have been seeing? I'm a little disappointed in the lak of aftermarket parts but I'm sure that will change in a few months.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I almost bought a vrod! When i took it out for a ride, I did not like the way it felt. It's hard to explain but it just did not feel "right".

I would call it small.  I'm only 5' 101/2" and it seemed small to me.  Maybe the HD guys are making them small to sell them in Japan.  :a20:

·
Registered
152 Posts
rynosback said:
I almost bought a vrod! When i took it out for a ride, I did not like the way it felt. It's hard to explain but it just did not feel "right".

I would cal it small. I'm only 5' 101/2" and it seemed small to me. Maybe the HD guys are making them small to sell them in Japan. :a20:
I know exactly what you mean, and when you park the vrod next to the M the vrod looks even smaller.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another officer boght a 03 vrod and we compared bikes. Mine is bigger, and better for that matter. now how long does it take for the jacket to show up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts