M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen much lately on the oil spewing problem on this board -- possibly because everybody has finally got the message, and figured out their own way to avoid oil overfill.

I recently came across the device shown in this link: http://www.wimmermachine.com/14.htm

From the description, it sounds like the 109 is not the ONLY bike that has had oil spew problems (from the crankase breather) -- and this looks like a possible solution.

I can't say that I'm convinced that anyone really figured out WHY the 109 spews oil when "overfilled" -- or if this problem is completely resolved by just making sure that the oil is at the right level.

I'm inviting comments from those who are interested, or those who think they understand the basic nature of the problem -- as to whether something like this might be worth considering.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the reason it spews oil is that the crankcase breather tube goes into our airbox directly across from the left air intake. one possible solution is to do a PAIR "sucker" mod. J R has a good solution for this. do a search.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, VALLIANT: That's the item: "Frame mounted breather with puke can" (I don't know what was wrong with my link :redfaced:, I copied and pasted it directly from the site).

Phaed: If you are correct (and it sounds like you are from everything that I have read on this problem) -- this WOULD be a fairly simple, and actually good-looking, solution. This would be especially true if people are sometimes getting spewing even if the oil is at the right level --(it seems to me I've seen a couple of people who said this was the case.)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JR's "PAIR sucker" mod is in the "Morpher Pipes" thread -- but it doesn't apply to those who are still using stocker pipes (even if drilled out).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts