M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Couldn't wait for the manufacturers to get themselves into gear and put out some air intakes for the 90. So got together with Bigeh (turbo 109 rider and ace fabricator) and fabricated some up. The bike runs soooooo much better with the K&N's. Yes the left one is longer than the right, thats to bring both pods away from the heat of the engine into that loverly cool oxygen rich air at the front of the bike.:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks ozzy90

Glad you're happy with the end result in looks and horse power Steve,
Next thing will be custom 2 into 1 exhaust mate :D

Cheers Bigeh :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ozzy90

Glad you're happy with the end result in looks and horse power Steve,
Next thing will be custom 2 into 1 exhaust mate :D

Cheers Bigeh :bigthumbsup:
Yeah but I think the two into a Yoshi might just blow them away(not just talking about Harley's at the lights) LOL.
But I'm up for it...You can't argue with horsepower and I love horsepower:drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok the tittle of this thread is a little missleading were it says Bigeh's fabrication, I am not a Fabricator!! Yes i did make the intakes for Stevef's m90, but i do NOT fabricate these sort of things for a living. I do like to play around making my own things and for friends, but that's as fare as it goes.
To the 2 guys that pm'd me i have replied, but sorry the answer is no, there is no kits coming out.

Cheers Terry (Bigeh)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Then how about a how to tutorial so others who want to do this can attempt it themselves.
1. Go to exhaust shop and buy 2 mandrel bends.
2. Order K+N pods that you like.
3. Rip old ****ty salad bowls off.
4. work out where you want your pods to finish.
5. Cut bends to suit lengh.
6. Cut and bend flat bar for support bracket, using a threaded hole where the original aircleaners bolted on, weld flat bar to mandrel bend, paint and fit to bike.
7. Stand back and admire your handy work.

It really is that easy, about 3 hours work and you have your own custom cold air intakes.

P.S. Steve forgot to mention i also pulled out hes secondary butterflys while i was at it. I believe from what he was saying it did make a big difference.

Cheers Terry :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not to be a pain, and thanks for the procedure, but the little K&N filter on the first photo, right side of the bike as you sit on it, is for crank case blow by? If not what is plugged into it? :dontknow:

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to be a pain, and thanks for the procedure, but the little K&N filter on the first photo, right side of the bike as you sit on it, is for crank case blow by? If not what is plugged into it? :dontknow:

thanks
Yes it is. You can alaways plumb it into the pods if you want.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hell. I just PM'd Steve cause I noticed the intakes on another post of his. Sad to hear there won't be any coming out in mass form. Looks like I will have to fabricate my own.
They look great though.

Cheers.

-Red

1 - 14 of 14 Posts