M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The new pics make things look way better. It definitely a unique look. It's kind of growing on me the more I look at it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently received my Corbin seat and was not happy with the gap either, but being black on black it isnt as noticable. Also, the flap at the back of the seat for the backrest looks terrible unless you want the backrest (which i didnt) so if anyone orders this seat be very specific about whether or not you are going to use the integrated backrest. The seat is very comfortable and does a good job of keeping your A$$ in place. i had a problem with the stock seat feeling like I was sliding up on the tank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@aberman i called corbin twice about my seat they said its suppose to be flush like the stock. so i emailed them a picture to show whats was going on but you are right about the comfort amazing.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeh i didnt think to request no hole for the backrest, i woulda prefered without too, Good to hear its comfy but
hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike

·
Registered
277 Posts
hey guys i sent a email to the guy about getting the seats asking how much postage would be and how much for the seats and the reply was that he had a couple of orders from australia and he said to wait and see how the postage goes not what i wanted to hear this is getting to be a pain i should have brought the 109 i want to spend the money on the bike
I was qouted $75 from Brooks, just for the riders seat

·
Registered
608 Posts
Perhaps the gap the a couple folks have noticed is just a matter of the Corbin seat needing to be broken in. The Corbin FAQ online mentions that their seats require 1,500 to 2,000 miles for break in.

My Corbin front saddle should be arriving tomorrow @ MSN; I'll probably have a chance to pick it up on Saturday. I'll post a pic or two of the fitment when i get it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought that perhaps the seat could be broken in or adjusted to fit snug to the tank but the seat pan is very stiff and will no give at all. Im thinking of filling in the gap with some type of foam or weather striping. Sucks that this has to be done for the money we spend but it is a comfy seat.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ugh...now I'm wishing I didn't go and order the front seat. I'm waiting to see if ixm01ws6 posts a closeup of his seat to see if his has the same gap.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Corbin stuff. If I knew all this before hand I would have never spent all that money on the front seat, rear seat, backrest and radiator shroud.

My radiator shroud will be here tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will at least fit properly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ugh...now I'm wishing I didn't go and order the front seat. I'm waiting to see if ixm01ws6 posts a closeup of his seat to see if his has the same gap.

So far I'm not too impressed with the Corbin stuff. If I knew all this before hand I would have never spent all that money on the front seat, rear seat, backrest and radiator shroud.

My radiator shroud will be here tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will at least fit properly.
I ordered a shroud as well - I would like to know how you go with it ! drop a pic on when your done - Did you order a painted one? I bet the black shroud doesn't have the blue fleck like the original paint !! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Did you order a painted one? I bet the black shroud doesn't have the blue fleck like the original paint !!
Yes...and I would hope since Corbin has the Suzuki factory paint codes the paint would match the bike's paint, including the blue fleck.

Did anyone experiencing the front seat gap problem also order the passenger seat? I was looking at the photos on the Corbin site and at my bike and had an idea...The passenger seat sits farther forward than the stock seat, so perhaps it causes the front seat to sit farther forward as well reducing the gap. I looked at the photo on Corbin's site and didn't see a gap anywhere near the gap between tizzy's seat and tank.

I just received an e-mail from FedEx with tracking info for my front seat and should have it by the 28th, so I guess I'll see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought that perhaps the seat could be adjusted forward to close the gap, but based on how the seats clips into place i believe it is fixed in its location. I have to say that the more I use the seat the less the gap is bothering me. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
well i have been talking to corbin about the gap there telling me it should fit flush. the comfort of the seat out weighs the gap to me but i will see what corbin solution will be

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got home late tonight and installed my Corbin front saddle - it definitely appears that something happened from prototype to production. There is a large gap at the front of the seat. Something's not right with it. I'm very disappointed with the appearance.

I'll post up a couple of pictures tomorrow but it's the same gap that folks have noticed on the other bike. It does not fit the same way as pictured on the Corbin site and the pics that Mike posted up with his bike (Sophia) now that it's home.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ok who's gonna get onto Corbin and tell em were not happy? My seat is still on order but if thats the way there turning out i just dont want it:-[

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's not good to hear Blake,when you spend that much money it should be perfect ,i hope the shroud fits better then the seat,might just wait a bit before i order mine

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Spanners, you were proberbly better of talking to Metcruze here in OZ for a seat, at least you could front up and tell them what you think off it if it did not turn out the way you wanted it. NO it's not mine this is on there website!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Spanners, you were proberbly better of talking to Metcruze here in OZ for a seat, at least you could front up and tell them what you think off it if it did not turn out the way you wanted it. NO it's not mine this is on there website!

Yeh i looked at them when i first bought the bike, but end up just putting in a gel pad. I liked the look of the corbin seat on the prototype. But that doesnt seem to be the way there making them. Besides the order is already in.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'll be contacting Corbin - I can't believe that the gap was designed on purpose - it's gotta be some kind of mistake. I'm not going to use my seat - I'll be requesting a refund, I believe. I took a look at the M109 front saddle by Corbin. That's more along the lines that I would expect...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll be contacting Corbin - I can't believe that the gap was designed on purpose - it's gotta be some kind of mistake. I'm not going to use my seat - I'll be requesting a refund, I believe. I took a look at the M109 front saddle by Corbin. That's more along the lines that I would expect...
Let us know wat they say, maybe you could draw attension to photo's like this :-\

21 - 40 of 282 Posts